cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

social miner chat with webserver over the internet

aphrodizia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi am so new to social miner and would love to ask about chat with socialminer. i am in Africa and we don't usually host our websites we do this elsewhere probably servers in the Us or europe in any case i want to have this chat url snippet given uploaded to that domain. will this work if i can have the socialminer.mydomain have a public ip domain and have my users able to do the chat with socialminer apparently on my local network. or is it just a prerequisite to have both of them in the same internal network for the users to able to chat with the agents form  our website

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SM needs to be deployed inside DMZ so that it is open to all HTTP/HTTPS traffic from the Internet. The Unified CCX is shielded from all outside traffic except the traffic coming from the DMZ zone. Even from the DMZ, the Unified CCX only responds on HTTP/HTTPS and BOSH (7443/7071) ports. That being said, the domain in which the UCCX and SM servers reside is irrelevant. If the customer has carved a different domain for the DMZ, then SocialMiner needs to reside there. The only requirement is CCX server should be able to resolve the SocialMiner address (FQDN) and vice versa. Also, the customer website can either be inside DMZ where SM is residing or it can be in the cloud as well

Refer to the below Unified CCX Design Guide which illustrates couple of variations on this.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/design/guide/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express_chapter_011.html#UCCX_CN_U2...

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SM needs to be deployed inside DMZ so that it is open to all HTTP/HTTPS traffic from the Internet. The Unified CCX is shielded from all outside traffic except the traffic coming from the DMZ zone. Even from the DMZ, the Unified CCX only responds on HTTP/HTTPS and BOSH (7443/7071) ports. That being said, the domain in which the UCCX and SM servers reside is irrelevant. If the customer has carved a different domain for the DMZ, then SocialMiner needs to reside there. The only requirement is CCX server should be able to resolve the SocialMiner address (FQDN) and vice versa. Also, the customer website can either be inside DMZ where SM is residing or it can be in the cloud as well

Refer to the below Unified CCX Design Guide which illustrates couple of variations on this.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/design/guide/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express_chapter_011.html#UCCX_CN_U2...

Regards

Deepak

Thank you very much the document was of great help

Glad that I was able to help. Please remember to mark the thread as Answered if there are no further questions on the topic.

Regards

Deepak

Hi deepak,

In this case sm is in dmz and the website is in the cloud i have sm with a private ip and am reading on the development guide You should not need to give SocialMiner a private NAT address. private nat is not supported so does this mean that if i have a public ip which  i intend to nat to this private social miner ip. it is not possible, so if that's the case how should i go about this. how will the chat script i upload to the website in the cloud access socialminer? then also there is a the question of the Public URL Prefix for Chat Invitation, on socialminer in relation to my deployment does it have to change?

Many thanks

Aphrodizia