cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Source code for CVP Call Studio - REST Element

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

A customer Web API Server requires that a HTTP GET with data sent in the HTTP body.

The HTTP RFC seems to allow this and Postman allows this and I confirmed that the server returns data as expected when using Postman.

However the CVP Call Studio Element for REST API - does not allow body when using HTTP GET (only POST, PUT or DELETE).

Does anything have the source or compiled code for similar REST element - which would allows body sent in the HTTP GET?

Regards,

Gerry

4 Replies 4

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Gerry,

There's an Agent Request API HTTP client element here https://app.box.com/s/zl635ootbybqgmjo2m2y8v9w3h18yd9e

It does POST, GET and DELETE operations so easy to prune and repurpose as a generic element or modify into a custom element for your specific use case.   If you don't like that one, I'm sure I have a load of others.

Thanks Paul. Much appreciated. I will give this a go!

Gerry

Paul,

(I don't work with Java very often with CVP - so always seems like starting from scratch!)
I found JAR files for ws.rs-api and jersey-client which are needed to compile this class.
I couldn't find a jar file for com.audium.thirdparty.jdom.Document etc. (see below)?
It this expected to be in the Cisco CVP framework.jar file? 

audium-thirdparty-jdom.jpg

Gerry

It's in this one -- AudiumXML1.0.jar

However, it's only used in this sample to extract data from the XML response from Social Miner to populate element result variables.  If you're not handling XML data coming back then you can simplify and remove that processing.