cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSO Agent authentication using REST API

Coty Condry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How do I get an SSO agent to authenticate on Finesse using the REST APIs? I can't seem to do it just using the credentials as a non-SSO agent, and the documentation doesn't cover it or say that it is or isn't supported.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cody,

SSO is only supported for 3rd party gadgets running within the Finesse desktop and using the finesse.js. In this scenario, the finesse.js login takes care of figuring out if it is SSO or non-SSO and authenticate correctly.

SSO authentication is not supported for direct calls to REST APIs (not through the finesse.js). Therefore, that includes all clients outside of the Finesse container.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cody,

SSO is only supported for 3rd party gadgets running within the Finesse desktop and using the finesse.js. In this scenario, the finesse.js login takes care of figuring out if it is SSO or non-SSO and authenticate correctly.

SSO authentication is not supported for direct calls to REST APIs (not through the finesse.js). Therefore, that includes all clients outside of the Finesse container.

Thanx,

Denise

does this still apply to UCCE 11.6 Finesse API?

As far as I know, this is still valid for 11.6.

Hi, is there somesort of work-around which you are aware of we could use to get this working?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: