cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Take away ability for PCCE Agent to end call

cvirgo
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a feature or is there a way in PCCE to disable or take away the ability for an agent to end a call?  A very important customer was hung up on after waiting a long time in queue and we want to be sure this doesn't happen again.

4 Replies 4

I don't think so since the agent could always do something like put down the handset, but you might be able to do some weird workaround with post call survey to send any calls that agents hang up on to a supervisor line or something.

Overall though, why go down that road? So if a caller doesn't hang up, the agent is going to stay on a call with a potentially hostile customer for hours for instance if neither hangs up?

I agree that solving this with technology is a bad idea. There is no feature in the system that outright disabled the agent’s ability to press End Call on their IP Phone.

Since you asked though, I’m aware of at least one partner who wrote a TCL script - originally for post call survey reasons - that intercepts a BYE coming from CVP and transfers the call elsewhere instead of passing the disconnect through to the carrier. The problem with this would be distinguishing at the ingress gateway level between an agent hanging up and anything else (eg IVR transfers to voicemail which eventually drops the call due to silence detection).

The customer asked based on a personal experience of a customer service call they had and the agent said they could not hang up and could only disconnect if the calling party did so first. 

Thank you for the reply. 

Keep in mind that if you completely took away the agent's ability to disconnect the call, you also open up the company and/or the agents to abuse from callers. Two that I have personally dealt with at different customers:

* Dissatisfied customers who curse or otherwise harass agents. If the agent can't disconnect, they're going to listen to harassment for as long as the customer wants?

* Inattentive callers--someone who dials in and leaves the phone on speaker for instance while they go do something else/don't realize it. So the company is going to (if a toll-free caller) pay for the length of the call, no matter how long it is, and in addition, tie up an agent on a call that doesn't exist?