cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The Sample AutoAttendant (aa.aef) Script Template does't say "Press 1 or Say 1"

Jason Post
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to configure a simple menu that allows users to speak their menu option. Press or say 1... for example.

Looking at the template in editor, it is the same as the aa.aef script in the system. Under the Cisco DevNet site it talks about this. The script work a play properly but does not mention "say..." in the prompts. Is this not an option? I'm running 11.6.1 with premium licensing IVR enabled.
https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#!the-sample-autoattendant-aa-aef-script-template

If not, what is needed for a voice/press menu? 3rd party?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

I believe you need to have MRCP ASR (Media Resources Control Protocol, Automated Speech Recognition) enabled/provisioned with speech recognition for grammars to work, from a third party provider/server...  Nuance recognizer, I think is what you are missing.

-Sean

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

I believe you need to have MRCP ASR (Media Resources Control Protocol, Automated Speech Recognition) enabled/provisioned with speech recognition for grammars to work, from a third party provider/server...  Nuance recognizer, I think is what you are missing.

-Sean