cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer Call to certain Queue and IVR

AmrSA
Level 1
Level 1

Please I am developing a tool that communicates with Finesse Server , I can Transfer  a received Call Successfully to the agent  using the request found in REST API Developer Guide  https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!task-routing-apis/task-routing-apis

[

<Dialog>
   <requestedAction>TRANSFER_SST</requestedAction>
   <toAddress>1001002</toAddress>
   <targetMediaAddress>1001001</targetMediaAddress>
</Dialog>

]

My question :what is the HTTP/REST  requests that should be used to transfer the call to the below

- queue 

-  IVR 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

For an Finesse Agent to transfer to a queue, it has to transfer to a CCE "DialedNumber".

Dialed Numbers on CCE can be alphanumeric, but for Finesse I would keep them numeric.

You would set up on CCE an (internal / CUCM Routing Client) Dialed Number.

This would have a Call type associated with it, and the Calltype would be associated with a CCE Routing Script.

The Routing could configured to queue the call to a specific Skill group.

You COULD do something clever so that this single "Skillgroup Queue" number could be used for ANY skill group.

If you set the name of the Precision Queue you want to queue to as a Call Variable (e.g. Peripheral Call Variable 1) in Finesse before you transfer , you could then transfer to the "Queue Skill" DN (e.g. '12300'), which would run a script which would queue to a Dynamic Precision Queue element - and set the Name of the Precision queue element to Call Variable 1.

You cannot do Dynamic Skillgroups (only Dynamic Precision queues).

But if using Skillgroups - you could get all the Skill groups in one Skillgroup node and then in the IF section of the node, you could have 

PeripheralCallVariable1 = "Skillgroup1"

PeripheralCallVariable1 = "Skillgroup2"

PeripheralCallVariable1 = "Skillgroup3"

i.e. if PeripheralCallVariable1 = "Skillgroup1" was true then it would queue to skillgroup configured on this line etc.

etc.

Hope this helps,

Gerry

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

For an Finesse Agent to transfer to a queue, it has to transfer to a CCE "DialedNumber".

Dialed Numbers on CCE can be alphanumeric, but for Finesse I would keep them numeric.

You would set up on CCE an (internal / CUCM Routing Client) Dialed Number.

This would have a Call type associated with it, and the Calltype would be associated with a CCE Routing Script.

The Routing could configured to queue the call to a specific Skill group.

You COULD do something clever so that this single "Skillgroup Queue" number could be used for ANY skill group.

If you set the name of the Precision Queue you want to queue to as a Call Variable (e.g. Peripheral Call Variable 1) in Finesse before you transfer , you could then transfer to the "Queue Skill" DN (e.g. '12300'), which would run a script which would queue to a Dynamic Precision Queue element - and set the Name of the Precision queue element to Call Variable 1.

You cannot do Dynamic Skillgroups (only Dynamic Precision queues).

But if using Skillgroups - you could get all the Skill groups in one Skillgroup node and then in the IF section of the node, you could have 

PeripheralCallVariable1 = "Skillgroup1"

PeripheralCallVariable1 = "Skillgroup2"

PeripheralCallVariable1 = "Skillgroup3"

i.e. if PeripheralCallVariable1 = "Skillgroup1" was true then it would queue to skillgroup configured on this line etc.

etc.

Hope this helps,

Gerry