Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Route to VRU - Question on "Distribute by"

besahin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am not able to find much information on how the "Distribute by" statement is used in the Translation Route configuration on ICM 8.

In the example attached I tried with giving them all "1"s, hoping that the rotues would be distributed among them evenly but at some times they do, sometimes they don't.

Can anyone help me by giving a clearer explanation on how "Distribute by" functions?

(In the gscripting uide it's pretty brief, doesn't tell much it just says: "Distribute bystatement. A formula used to distribute contacts to targets")

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

why so complicated?

Do you want to send the calls to VRU's in a round robin fashion? Then you can do it like this:

Select type: Select using direct references, Using Services (lose the "distribute among targets" radio button for "select most eligible target".

Then add all your services, routes, translation routes and use a Consider If like Peripheral.VRU1.Online and then in the Select Min Value of: Trunkgroup.VRU.TG.CallsInToday.

Or, you can do it the poor man's way:

Create two (or the number of your VRU's) translation route to VRU nodes, each containing one Translation route.

Then just use an If node with the following built in function: random()>0.5

This would evenly distribute calls among your TR nodes.

Or, combine the both approaches, like this:

G.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

why so complicated?

Do you want to send the calls to VRU's in a round robin fashion? Then you can do it like this:

Select type: Select using direct references, Using Services (lose the "distribute among targets" radio button for "select most eligible target".

Then add all your services, routes, translation routes and use a Consider If like Peripheral.VRU1.Online and then in the Select Min Value of: Trunkgroup.VRU.TG.CallsInToday.

Or, you can do it the poor man's way:

Create two (or the number of your VRU's) translation route to VRU nodes, each containing one Translation route.

Then just use an If node with the following built in function: random()>0.5

This would evenly distribute calls among your TR nodes.

Or, combine the both approaches, like this:

G.

Hi Gergely,

Thanks for replying back...

We have 6 CVP's. Our main motive to use "1" was thinking that if we want to take one of the CVP's out of service for some reason or not use one of the CVP's in this particular routing, we maybe could make the Distribute-by value from "1" value to "0" and achieve that. That's why we wanted to learn how the distribute-by logic worked. Could the "distribute-by" value be used for such purpose if not for what for. eg. can we use it for?

(About the 2 methods you suggested, I think they are very good way. Especially the first one is pretty straightforward. About the poor man's way, I think it would be a little harder considering we have 6 CVPs.)

Thanks

Behic

Hi,

er... I don't understand. If you want to skip a CVP, then why do you include it in the node?

Actually, if you want to use a condition, then the consider if column is what you're looking for. You can write a dummy condition like 1=1 (returns true) or 1=0 (returns false).

G.

Hi,

Well we don't want to skip a CVP permenantly but in case we need to if we need to take it under maintenance. We would like to do the minimal and easiest modification in the script if we need to take the one of the CVP's in production or take it out..

Thx

Hi,

well I still believe the consider if is the simplest method. 1=1 will always return true, 1=0 will always return false.

Or, if you want to make it even more elegant, like without even opening the script editor to change the script, just use a peripheral variable or an ECC that holds some useful information about which CVP should be "enabled" for the call, and use this value in the Translation route node.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: