cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troublesome Finesse issue v10.5

stork
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to figure out what could be causing intermittent connections issues with Finesse.  Every so now an then we get some users that get randomly kicked out of the Finesse client with the logout code 50003, which is CUCM reporting the device out of service.

The users do say they notice the phone "blink" and then come back.  Is there any sort of logging that can be placed on the IP phones themselves that may be a bit more descriptive as to why the phone either reset or lost connection?

thanks,

1 Reply 1

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7
It is probably something with the networking. Maybe there are random packet loss that make the phone to loss registration from time to time.
But of course it can happen because of a various of reasons, like: CM service is crashing on the most prioritized CUCM, Cisco bug and etc.
You can try and enable the Web Access on those phones and gather their logs and go to the time that the phone lost its registration.

The first thing I'm doing as a test, is trying to ping some of the phones for a period of time and see if there are random packet loss from time to time. I would suggest to download a free tool called "PingInfoView", because you can configure it to ping few addresses simultaneously and see the results more efficiently.