Views
Helpful
Replies

Turning off media inactivity detection on voice gatewau

fabien_damien
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

i have a CVP comprehensive deployment in a lab setup.And i'm testing the CVP CCB feature, however i'm getting a media inactivity disconnect from the gateway after 5000s.
incoming calls are hitting the Survivability tcl script as the incoming and outgoing dial peers are both configured with CVP-survivbility service.
i have turned off voice activity detection on the voice gateway, but somehow the call is still disconnecting after 5000s and CVP is mentioning that it is to "IOS media inactivity timer disconnect". Is there a limitation by the IOS? could it be that the tcl script is setting that media inactivity timeout? i couldn't find in both Survivability.tcl and cvp_ccb_vxml a place where this parameter is set to 5000s.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

deepaul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fabien,

Have you checked the rtcp timer setting on the gateway.

Please take a look at the below survivability configuration snippet from the config guide.

For a Unified CVP Comprehensive call flow model, define the following services:

application service survive flash:survivability.tcl

paramspace callfeature med-inact-det enable

service handoff flash:handoff.tcl

And, then add the following parameters:

ip rtcp report interval 2000
                                    gateway
                                    timer receive-rtcp 4

Note   This causes survivability to be invoked between 8 and 16 seconds ((2000 ms *4) * 2) for an active call after a WAN failure. If IOS detects the absence of both RTP and RTCP packets after 8 to 16 seconds, it raises an error event and survivability is invoked. (The factor of 2 is a built-in IOS factor that cannot be configured. Do not adjust these values lower as this can cause the survivability event to be prematurely invoked.)

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp10_0/configuration/guide/CVP_BK_CFD64ACC_00_configuration-guide-for-cvp-1001/CVP_BK_CFD64ACC_00_configuration-guide-for-cvp-1001_chapter_010000.html#CCVP_TK_I41097A8_00

regards,

Deepu

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

deepaul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fabien,

Have you checked the rtcp timer setting on the gateway.

Please take a look at the below survivability configuration snippet from the config guide.

For a Unified CVP Comprehensive call flow model, define the following services:

application service survive flash:survivability.tcl

paramspace callfeature med-inact-det enable

service handoff flash:handoff.tcl

And, then add the following parameters:

ip rtcp report interval 2000
                                    gateway
                                    timer receive-rtcp 4

Note   This causes survivability to be invoked between 8 and 16 seconds ((2000 ms *4) * 2) for an active call after a WAN failure. If IOS detects the absence of both RTP and RTCP packets after 8 to 16 seconds, it raises an error event and survivability is invoked. (The factor of 2 is a built-in IOS factor that cannot be configured. Do not adjust these values lower as this can cause the survivability event to be prematurely invoked.)

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp10_0/configuration/guide/CVP_BK_CFD64ACC_00_configuration-guide-for-cvp-1001/CVP_BK_CFD64ACC_00_configuration-guide-for-cvp-1001_chapter_010000.html#CCVP_TK_I41097A8_00

regards,

Deepu

Hello Deepu,

Thank you for your response. Well i managed to extend the media inactivity expiry by just modifiying  the "ip rtcp report interval" to the maximum which is 65535. my intention was to disable media inactivity. the second parameter is set by Cisco to 1000 in the cvp_ccb_vxml tcl script.
 in your post above you mention to that it is possible to even turn it off by setting the parameter on the tcl script, which is great for me.

Thank you for your help.