Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two-Server High Availability Deployment Model

Good morning;

Today I have the need to enable high availability in different physical locations, the servers that I have today are:

2 servers UCSC-C220-M3S: 1 with CallManager Publisher and UCCX Master and the other with CallManager Subscriber and UCCX Standby version System version: 9.1.1.10000-11.

CUCM LICENSES
Essential licenses: 172

LICENSES UCCX
Package: Cisco Unified CCX Premium
Total IVR Port (s): 322
Cisco Unified CCX Premium Seat (s): 161
High Availability: Enabled
CCX Cisco Unified Outbound Preview Dialer: Enabled
Cisco Unified CCX Agents Maximum: 400

Licensing need to know that I have to be to enable HA and technical requirements should be based where the server was located survival.

6 Replies 6

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Juan,

You already have the HA license so you are good there. Simply add the entry of secondary server (either hostname or IP Address) in publisher UCCX under System >> Server. Start the installation of secondary server and make sure it is reachable to and from with UCCX primary. Once the installation is complete simply login to UCCX secondary Adminstration page and perform Add to Cluster operation.

The above mentioned comment is from the perspective that you have not installed secondary UCCX yet and wants to do that in order to enable HA functionality for your UCCX system. If this is not the case then elaborate what exactly you are looking to do in your current HA setup.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak;

Thank you for your comments, teams are already working on HA in one venue, I physically migrate a server and there have a few additional questions:

- What technical requirement voice gateway must be on the remote site .. ??
- It is necessary to increase the capacity of existing servers disks .. ??
- With a bandwidth of 4 MB is dedicated enough or should I expand the canal .. ??
- I need other equipment to achieve this HA.

- What recommendations within their experience can provide me .. ??

Hi Juan,

Please go through the "Two-Server High Availability Deployment Model" section of the below document to have proper design considerations for UCCX in a HA setup

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/design/guide/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express.html

For increasing the server disk size, why you want to do that. I am assuming that both the UCCX servers at the time of installation were deployed using OVA templates so you should be good there. Correct me if that is not the case

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak;

I appreciate your comments, the disc wondered what I needed to rule out any additional device to those who already have. I see the document information that suggested me and I find that there is only requiements network.

Juan,

UCCX really does not care about having the voice gateway on the remote site as it will never reach out to VGw directly for any call routing. All the call routing on UCCX is handled through Call Manager and till the time you have taken care of that, you are good to go. Only exception to this is if you are also running Outbound Dialer in your setup, then only UCCX talks to the SIP Gateway directly configured on a CUBE router but even in that case, you do not have the option to configure local gateway to each UCCX server as whatever gateway you will use for one UCCX server, it will automatically replicate to the other server and you do not have the option of changing it.

As far as HDD and other system requirements are concerned, till the time your server specifications match the one mentioned in below dockwiki, you are good to go:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Virtualization_for_Unified_CCX

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak;

My question is because the remote gateway to a fault the service provider will route calls to me the other headquarters and do not know the technical specifications of the gateway must be located there.

Regards

Juan