cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE - Change System Info - Require restart?

SANJ21
Level 1
Level 1

HI., We  have a UCCE v12.6 environment. I had a request to increase the Short Call timer from 5 to 20s. I did this through Config Mgr> System Info. Also looked at the CUCM PG and our "Abandon call wait time" is already set to 20s. VRU PGs are set to 0. However, when I look at the CUIC "Skill Group Abandon Answer Distribution", I still see abandoned calls less than 20. Does this change require a service restart for it to take effect? If so, which services - Router, Logger? TIA

5 Replies 5

In the schema guide, for Skill_Group_Interval, it says RouterCallsOffered

This value is incremented by:
1. CallType short calls, which are counted as abandoned for Skill Groups. (There is no short call count in the Skill_Group_Real_Time table.)

In the CUIC report reference, for that field it says it is calculates Int 1 Ans and Aban by
"The number of calls answered/abandoned between the time set to begin measuring and interval 1. The system default interval 1 is 8 seconds. For example: 00:00 - 00:08.

Derived from:Skill_Group_Interval.AnsInterval(1) and Skill_Group_Interval.AbandInterval(1)."
So I guess the question is, do you see the short call timer reflected/updated in other reports, like the all fields ones?

Here are the links
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/pcce/pcce_11_6_1/maintenance/Guide/pcce_b_reporting-guide-11-6/pcce_b_reporting-guide-11-6_chapter_010010.html#UCCE_RF_S2CD64D9_00
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_11_6_1/Reference/Guide/ucce_b_database-schema-handbook-for-cisco.html

Bill,

I realized the setting I changed in Config Mgr>System Info was for CallTypes. After the change, I do see short calls registering for CallType Reports. So as far as CallType reports go, it looks to be correct from what I can see.

For Skill Group Reports though, like Skill_Group_Interval and SKill_Group_Real_Time tables, I still see calls registering there under the RouterCallsAbandQ for what should be short calls. My understanding is if I want calls that queue for less than 20s that abandoned to not show up in the SkillGroup reports as abandoned is to adjust the "Abandoned call wait time" under the CUCM PG which I already have but it doesn't seem to be reflected in the SG tables. PG svcs have been cycled numerous times as well. Is there a setting/config I'm overlooking?

Are you looking in the actual table itself or in CUIC reports? I say this because it is called out to be working as you want in this defect.It might be worth looking in the raw SQL in case this is a CUIC issue vs. a system issue.
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwc66875
Also, you mentioned cycling the CUCM PG. Assuming these calls are queued with CVP, why wouldn't you cycle that as a test/validation step?

Yes, looking at the SQL table itself. In particular, I'm looking at t_Skill_Group_Real_Time to isolate. I have a lab setup where I'm pushing calls to a dedicated CVP (Call Server and VXML) and the PG Explorer config for Abandoned Call Wait time on that is set to 20s already for both CUCM and VRUs. I've cycled both lab PGs (CUCM and VRU) and CallServer and VXML service as well. However, when I pump a test call and hang up, I see  the field RouterCallsAbandQTo5 increment. If it was a short call, shouldn't this field not increment? There is no Short Call field in this particular table but would've assumed it wouldn't put that call in the abandon field. Thoughts?

You might want to look at RouterCallsOfferedTo5 to see what is happening/for comparison, since this is from the documentation and/or see if that defect applies to that table as well.

--------------------
The number of calls received by this skill group in the rolling five-minute interval. This value is set by the Call Router. A call is counted as offered as soon at it is sent to a Skill Group.

This value is incremented by:

• CallType short calls, which are counted as abandoned for Skill Groups. (There is no short call count in the Skill_Group_Real_Time table.)

• Calls that are cancelled by Cancel Queue node and re-queued to the same Skill Group

• Calls that are routed to a Skill Group, re-queried, and re-queued to the same Skill Group

This field does not include local ACD calls, not routed by Unified ICM. Such calls are counted in the CallsOfferedTo5 field of Skill_Group tables.