Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Contact center migration best practices

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi guys,

I am working on creating a process/detailed documentation for a contact center migration project I am working on. I am totally new to UCCE/contact center so I need help :)

Does anyone here have a detailed documentation on how they have done similar project in the past. What I am after is the tasks that will happen on the go-live day. eg..Forwarding of contact center DDI to the new contact center. Agent phone consideration...NB: New phones will be installed for agents, so there is no re-use of existing platform/IPT estate.

What are the processes around this. What should we watch out for. Risks, mitigation etc

Please help a brother in need :) and yes I am begging :)

Any documentation would be great.

Please rate all useful posts
3 Replies 3

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear Ayodeji,

I do not have a handy doc ready, however i can tell you based on my  experience in UCCE.

On High level.

Before migration day

1) Varify new UCCE script for new call center with test DID.

You map it this via dialed number and call type and then to the script.any additional stuff like CTI pop up if any or whatever functionalities you are giving in script.

Basically testing script is the main part and we need to make sure all functions of script like working hours ,holiday schedule,CTI pop up, queue messages or external DB lookip are tested well in advance.

2) Also use test agent for login to the phones and CTIOS/CAD  and then make sure conference,transfer, DTMF ,external IVR transfer etc is tested.

3) Make sure you test the resiliency for CAD/CTIOS failover in case agents looses connectivity to primary  agent PG .

4) Also it will be good to test incoming DID resiliency for call center via different gateways .

UCCE TFN can be pointed to two different DID's so primary and secondary.This will make sure even one DID doesn't work second one can be used.You can also have two different TFN's as primary and secondary.

5) Will be good to test VXML gateway redundancy as well for VRU call leg to make sure if one side fails other can take over.

On migration day

1) DID cutover to new call center 

2) Make sure to check work hours configured again

3) login agents and test calls prior to actual go live window by opening the script .

Fucus points

Work hours n script ( many times we have faced issues due to different timezones)

Conference,DTMF ,transfer 

All IVR wave files messages for each option and external transfer from IVR.( sometimes some files doesn't play if any issues in VRU config or wav file not places on all media servers). 

Perhaps others can list other stuff.

Thanks

• Thank you Deepak for the detailed response. Please let me know of you have any other thing to add or if something else pops up in your mind. 
Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

just adding here .. 

I have done this several times , easier when you have new servers beside the old ones .. 

if you are using new VXML GW , then this makes your life even easier in the cut-over between the old and new system ..

usually , the customer has new servers , and utilize ( mainly ) same VGWs , i mean INGRESS and VXML .. 

so , the in the Go-Live day , i would :

- replace the VXML tcl and vxml files on the VXML GWs ..

- if possible , do a simple test from even an IP Phone ( or using x-lite routing through the INGRESS GW ) 

- then do the changes on the INGRESS GW :

- If using same numbers for the Scripts , then just change the destination-pattern on the voip dial-peers to the CVP servers

- if using new number for the scripts , you can add new dial-peers then , and shutdown old ( if needed ) ..

To roll-back , 

- you will have to replace the VXML TCL and VXML files as done above ( I tested 10.x tcl files are compatible with 11.x ) 

- restore the INGRESS Configurations for the old system ..

again , if you are using even one server from the old system , this might change your plan..
This is just the main lines here ..

Thanks A lot,
Ahmed Salah