cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE HDS registry key and logger recovery key query.

hi_robb
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning / afternoon / evening,

I've a couple of questions regarding a UCCE HDS registry key and the recovery key table in the logger.

1) What does the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE<SOFTWARE<Cisco Systems, Inc.\ICM\{Instance Name}\Distributor\NodeManager\CurrentVersion\Processes\rpl\ImageArgs /db lab_hds /client /name {hostname} /replicationport 40026 /recoveryport 40028 /all." do?

I'm interested in the "/all" switch at the end of the key specifically.  Does it have to be set to "/all" on both the A and B HDS sides?  The reason I ask is that currently it's only set with the "/all" switch on the A side HDS!

If that switch is required on both HDS servers, what's the consequences of changing it?

2) on the UCCE logger in the SQL table "[dbo].[Recovery]", I have entries but they are all a couple of days old, so for example....

"DateTime Type TableName FromRecoveryKey ToRecoveryKey StartTime EndTime RowsCopied
2019-04-28 04:13:36.170 Sync t_Agent_Event_Detail 8851028015747 8883069468026 2019-04-28 04:14:37.333 2019-04-28 04:14:37.433 26"

Shouldn't the dates be very recent and not a few days old so constantly updated, or is it a case of entries are only put in here if there's some kind of sync issue?

Many thanks for your time

Kind regards

Dave

1 Reply 1

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

The /all switch is the replication process telling the Logger to copy down all the historical data from its database. The fact that you see it on one of the Distributor servers but not the other is perfectly normal, out-of-box install. Do not add the /all to the other distributor - it's unnecessary.

You shouldn't use the Recovery table as a baseline to see if the recovery keys are healthy, which in turn shows a healthy replicated contact center. In my opinion, it is much better to query TCD, especially if you're migrating a database over, like you would do during an upgrade. Run the query below, simultaneously (the best that you can), on both HDS and both Logger databases. The DateTime and RecoveryKey values should match or be very very close between all four databases.

select max(DateTime) from t_Termination_Call_Detail
select max(RecoveryKey) from t_Termination_Call_Detail