cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Last agent based routing (Sticky Agent)

engremongaber
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I was trying to configure last agent based routing in UCCE and my understanding I should use the Call.PreferedAgent object but I don't understand how does that work will autmatically recognize the caller ID and choose the prefered agent based on that or do we need to have seperate database that will maintain caller/agent mapping and query it for every new call ?

Thanks

Remon

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Preferred Agent works with the email channel - like CIM, and probably ECE. That is where I have seen it used. Is that what you are investigating?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Yes that is the one but I don't understand  How does it recognize the caller , is it based on the caller ID ?

Thanks

Remon

I am guessing it recognizes the customer's email address and knows the last agent involved with that email address.

Regards,

Geoff

I'm trying to find out how does it work for calls as well

On the voice channel, I cannot think of any subsystem that would retain that mapping. eGain does.

Regards,

Geoff

The way I've done this before is feed the CRM in my case SFDC with the agent ID who answered the call. Then when the customer calls back in and enters the case number we pull the agent ID from the CRM and then do a queue to agent with a fallback to a SG.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: