Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE node proccess window

Michael Grachev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, guys.

Could anyone tell me how to view trace logs of process (for example mdsproc.exe) in real-time ?

What commands should I use in shell in order to view what's happening within mdsproc.exe ?

It looks like this:

process_window.jpg

Best Regards,

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

yes, that's by design. Please read the Release Notes for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Release 8.5(2), p. 15:

In Release 8.5(2), for Windows Server 2008 R2, Unified CCE process windows do not appear in the

taskbar. This is due to security constraints in Windows Server 2008 R2 and means that the user can no

longer use the taskbar to view process status information, for example, whether the process is active or not.

To address this, the user can view process status information in the Diagnostic Framework Portico, or use

the updated EMSMON application to provide additional information that previously appeared in the title

bar of process window.

So for instance, if your ICM instance name is acme and you want to see what's happenig with the jgw1 process underneath the PG1 side A process, all you need to do is open a command prompt and run the following command:

emsmon acme pg1a jgw1

G.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, what version of ICM and Windows is it?

G.

Hi,

Win Server 2008 R2, ICM 8.5.4

Hi,

yes, that's by design. Please read the Release Notes for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Release 8.5(2), p. 15:

In Release 8.5(2), for Windows Server 2008 R2, Unified CCE process windows do not appear in the

taskbar. This is due to security constraints in Windows Server 2008 R2 and means that the user can no

longer use the taskbar to view process status information, for example, whether the process is active or not.

To address this, the user can view process status information in the Diagnostic Framework Portico, or use

the updated EMSMON application to provide additional information that previously appeared in the title

bar of process window.

So for instance, if your ICM instance name is acme and you want to see what's happenig with the jgw1 process underneath the PG1 side A process, all you need to do is open a command prompt and run the following command:

emsmon acme pg1a jgw1

G.

Thank you! You saved my day -)

You're welcome.

To be honest, I must admit I still miss 'em good ol' process windows, too

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: