Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE outbound calls / PVDM CPA

ilyas.safarov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.

Need your help to count PVDM for CPA in UCCE outbound calls. Let's say I have one agent and 5 outbound ports for this agent. How to count pvdm. Also how it works? Dialer makes 5 calls for this agent. Let's say agent is connected and talking to customer, what about other 4 calls? Are they waiting on ucce diler or on cube? 

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ilyas, 

For SIP calls you deployed CUBE in your system. CUBE also uses DSP (PVDM) resources for CPA in SIP calls - in this case DSPs are configured and work as transcoders. CUBE allocates a DSP (transcoding) resource in the beginning of every call for CPA. 

After the CPA is done and the outbound dialer transfers the call to an agent, the initial transcoding resource that was allocated to perform CPA function is released. However, if there is a codec mismatch between provider side and agent phone, then the transcoder resource is not released and is still occupied for codec conversion.   

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

I can't answer the PVDM part, but part of this is likely controlled by the number of simultaneous lines/calls you have set up, as well as how many ports you have set up in the Campaign configuration.

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @ilyas.safarov 

The UCCE Outbound dialer can dial several customers per 1 agent only when it works in Progressive or Predictive modes:

• Progressive: The campaign is configured to dial a specific number of lines per agent
  • Predictive: The Dialer adjusts the number of customers to dial per available agent dynamically

As in Progressive mode, when multiple customers answer the calls placed for a single agent, secondary answers can be transferred to another associated agent in the campaign, or sent to the configured IVR for abandon treatment and possible queuing if no agents are available. If no agents or IVR is available, the call will be dropped without treatment. So in your case if the dialer dials 5 clients for 1 available agent and all 5 clients answer these calls then the first answered call will be connected to the agent and the other 4 can be sent to IVR treatment, queueing or can be dropped - abandoned. 

As for the PVDMs - I couldn't find any PVDM calculation for the CPA, but in my understanding the gateway uses 1 PVDM voice channel per call (let's say PVDM3-256 supports 256 voice channels with G711 codecs). So if you have 30 calls with E1 to PSTN then you are expected to have 30 PVDM channels on your gateway. As for your case if you make 5 calls then you need 5 PVDM channels for that. 

Hi Dmytro,

Thank you so much for this detailed explanation.

For this case PVDM will be used just for CPA,as the PSTN connection is SIP based. Also there's another unclear moment for me. Will the PVDM channel still be used once the call connected to customer or CUBE release it after the call is connected?

Hi Ilyas, 

For SIP calls you deployed CUBE in your system. CUBE also uses DSP (PVDM) resources for CPA in SIP calls - in this case DSPs are configured and work as transcoders. CUBE allocates a DSP (transcoding) resource in the beginning of every call for CPA. 

After the CPA is done and the outbound dialer transfers the call to an agent, the initial transcoding resource that was allocated to perform CPA function is released. However, if there is a codec mismatch between provider side and agent phone, then the transcoder resource is not released and is still occupied for codec conversion.