Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE SAP integration via CAD

Hello everyone,

Hope you're all doing well.

Has anyone had any experience integrating UCCE and SAP, but with CAD, not with CRM Connector?

I am in the middle of the project that will include this integration, and I would like to know what are the experiences.

Do I configure third-party launch for SAP, and pass arguments like ANI or Account number..?

Do I use Macros?

5.  Any hints/help is very much appreciated!!

Thank you All

V

TT

7 Replies 7

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Hello,

I have done an extensive amount of work with CAD and just about every CRM.  I wrote a custom integration to controller the browser sessions outside of CAD with any web based CRM.  On top of this you will then want to write a CVP set of backend classes to talk with the SAP Oracle DB.  Depending how deep you want to go, it can be a little work or a lot of work.

SAP in the integrated browser is going to be shitty, anything in the integrated browser is pretty crappy to be honest.

I just rolled out a new version of my Screenpop adapter last week and will be placing an update on here to it all, with some better documentation I hope.

Here is my other post..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3401856#3401856

For the record integrated all Web based CRM is about the same.

Cheers,

Chad

cstachowicz@touchbase.us

I have written backend integration out of CVP to talk to SAP R/3 using JCo.

Quite straightforward and a nicely designed API from SAP. You can execute those pesky RFCs in SAP, sending parameters and receiving results. You can push this data up to ICM and away you go.

Works very nicely and not difficult coding. Setting the SAP connection up is a little odd, but I just use the SAP file method. It has to be in a certain place.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

Were you able to get Screenpops working in any capacity with R/3?  In this situation currently with a client, wondering what it would take?

Cheers,

Chad

I'm in the middle of doing one at the moment. Not with any custom development mind you and this is UCCX but the priciples are the same. I'm just using SAP shortcut files to specific function screens generated by the SAP client itself and in a CAD workflow I call the shortcut as an external application then run a macro to switch to it and enter in relevant data collected by the IVR.

Seems to work well enough, the client specifically was sold on this method as it didn't require custom development and avoided the use of RFC development as the client outsources any RFC development of their SAP environment and wanted to avoid the costs and time associated with developing new RFCs.

Cheers,

Nathan

Were you able to get Screenpops working in any capacity with R/3?

Yes, but we use AMC to do that through SAPPhone. Not an inexpensive solution, Chad.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Chad,

I'll give you feedback as soon as I test it, looking forward for update!

I was reviewing both AMC and Bucher+Suter integration solutions; great, but expensive.

Thank you all for contribution.

V

I was reviewing both AMC and Bucher+Suter integration solutions; great, but expensive.

Indeed they are.

Regards,

Geoff