Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE System PG IVR Failover

castrillor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have deployed an UCCE 7.5 with a System PG which is controlling two IVRs servers. Everything is working ok, the issue is that when an IVR fails (for example network cable disconnected), ICM keeps on sending calls to the label asociated with that IVR (the failed one). We have to delete the label in ICM asociated to the TR of that IVR for avoiding ICM to send calls to that IVR.

This is not an automatic failover, is there any way of getting automatic failover between IVRs with a system PG configuration?

I guess the way of doing that is configuring call-forward features in Call Manager, could anyone confirm this?

Thank you very much

Raúl

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I'm not totally familiar with System PG, but the normal way in UCCE before invokingt the trans route to the VRU is to put an IF node that tests if the PG is on line before sending the call there. Can you add something like that?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi,

Thanks to both for your answers ...

That is the way you do it with the Generic PG and TR. The problem is that we are using System PG (This means one peripheral with 1 CCM pim and 2 IVR pims). From what I know It is not possible to choose form ICM scripts to which IVR are you sending the call.

Best regard,

Kris Lambrechts
Level 1
Level 1

I've been involved in a TAC Service Request a few weeks back where the same question came up. We did some testing at the time, but couldn't come up with a graceul method and ended up opening a feature request for it. I'll try and remember to post the Bug ID for it.

Thanks Kris,

I would appreciate that!!!.

At least I would have an answer for the customer.....

Regards

Kris Lambrechts
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Raúl

With my apologies for the delay.

The Bug ID is CSCto14412  - Stop forwarding calls to IPIVR without affecting existing calls on it. I just realized that the defect doesn't have any Release Notes on it, so itmay not show up in Bug Toolkit just yet, I'll sort that out tomorrow.

Cheers,

Kris