Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Tech Refresh Upgrade from 9.0 to 11.5

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Dear members,

Has someone gone through a UCCE Tech Refresh Upgrade from 9.0 to 11.5? Could you please confirm if the below High Level Action Plan is correct?

1- New infrastructure preparation (Installation of Windows Servers & SQL Servers).

2- UCCE 11.5 installation and configuration on the new hardware.

3- Databases migration through the EDMT tool.

4- CVP IVR scripts migration.

5- CUIC reports migration.

6- After the new environment is ready, the Dialpeers on the VGs need to be changed to point to the new CVP servers.

I know that the above will take me one month of preparation in my lab. I just want to make sure that I got the whole idea.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Lara

8 Replies 8

Hi,

• Version 11.x will support additional components. If you’re running Multisite Distributed Call Processing model you can deploy below components.

Optional :

Vcusp – Virtual sip proxy

VVB – Virtual voice browser

Important :

Beginning with Release 11.5(1), the CVP VXML Server generates VXML pages for microapps instead of the CVP Call Server. Because of this change, microapps require a VXML Server port license.

VG :

Add new subnets to trusted list

Change CVP media servers IP’s

Change CVP and CUCM dial-peer target IP’s

VXML :

Upload  new cvp version default gateway files then reload

ICM :

Change CVP VXML servers IP’s for Inbound routing scripts

CUCM :

Create CVP ,VG, CUSP  trunks for new sip devices

In enterprise Parameter – cluster wide domain configuration parameter – give cucm cluster fully qualified domain name

CVP :

Upload the  app wav files to respective folders

Re-host the CVP call and VXML port license

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Thank you Ramamoorthy for taking the time to respond and for sharing important considerations.

We were thinking of migrating from UCCE to PCCE.

Will it still be feasible to install and implement PCCE from scratch and then migrate the data and the licenses?

Thank you.

Hi,

PCCE will have limited Features and two box solution ( on –box) and optional components we can install in external Servers ( out of box)

PCCE will support  only 2000 Agents  for CC with Packaged CCE 11.5(1) - 2000 Agent Deployment model

For Packaged CCE, you have only 1 Agent PG, 1 VRU PG, and 1 MR PG  - but A single Unified CVP Call Server license supports up to 3000 sessions. And VXML 1350

DB Lookup can’t support

Better go with 11.6.1 PCCE  Design will change from call and data center concept to like as UCCE.

Will have additional features and benefits.

Outbound Option High Availability - Campaign Manager High Availability

vCUBE support

Cisco Virtual Voice Browser (VVB)

Finesse - View Recent Call History  & View Recent State History , Make Call from Ready State

License – consideration

CVP call and VXML – using old license you can re-host

CUIC – use new CUIC license mac and re-host

CUCM – re-host

UCCE agent – paper  license we can’t use to PCCE ( I think you  can buy PCCE license separately from cisco)

Thanks,

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Thank you s much Ram. Much appreciated.

Hello Ram,

Actually we have decided to do a UCCE Tech Refresh Upgrade, we won't migrate to PCCE. And I have a question here, do I have to configure something in ICM script editor and ICM Configuration Manager after installation? or all config data will be migrated?

Thank you

Hi ,

Just Install windows 2008 R2 and SQL 2008 as a staging server.

Install EDMT 10.0 migrate current database from 9.x to 10.0 then  uninstall 10.0 EDMT software.

Then upgrade windows and SQL from 2008 to 2012.

Install EDMT 11.0 and migrate 10.0 database schema to 11.0.

Just make sure you will have connectivity from current Logger & AW-HDS server to staging or new data base servers.

Thanks & Regards,

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Has someone gone through a UCCE Tech Refresh Upgrade from 9.0 to 11.5? Could you please confirm if the below High Level Action Plan is correct?

You know that you will need to do EDMT twice, don't you? You will need a temp SQL server to be the 10.0 bridge so you can EDMT to 10.0 then EDMT to 11.0 then upgrade the schema to 11.6.

Why bother with 11.5?

CUIC - you are opening yourself up to a world of hurt if you think you can "migrate" existing custom reports. If there are many custom reports, rebuilding them is going to be very time consuming. You are far better off doing an in-place upgrade of CUIC. Even if this means cloning the VM and then upgrading it as common ground.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello Geoff,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Yes, I know that EDMT will be used twice.

As for CUIC, since IP addresses will change, will cloning the VM and upgrading it still be possible?

And any other recommendations based on your hands-on experience?

Thank you in advance.

Lara