Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE with CVP

expert,

I am building lab for UCCE to learn.

- Does typical UCCE contact center always have CVP  or how many % without CVP?

- Can it run without CVP ?

Thanks,

K

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Since you are building for the first time, i would suggest you to have a look at SRND which talks about multiple deployment models ( CVP,IP-IVR ,ACD, etc)

SRND list for different versions.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-enterprise/products-implementation-design-guides-list.html

View solution in original post

Excellent advice from Sasikumar.

I recommend downloading the PDF and saving it on your hard drive. This is really the bible for UCCE/CVP and I recommend reading it as many times as you can handle. You won't be able to take it all in on your first few passes. There used to be separate SRNDs for UCCE and CVP, but as of 11.5 it's combined - and it's huge (25MB). 

I have been reading SRNDs for years, and every time I reread it I always see something that had not quite stuck in my head. You are dealing with a very complex product set, so it's going to take some time to get acquainted with it.   

Regards,
Geoff

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Not really - need some sort of queuing platform - IP IVR or CVP. That defines UCCE.

ICM does not need a queuing platform like that, because it can queue to the ACD (like an Avaya).

And there are hybrid solutions with CVP, UCM, TDM switches, other VRUs. Lots of variations (but not as many as 6-7 years ago).

Regards,
Geoff

Thanks Geoff,

If we don't use CVP and just ICM , what is the Cisco product for IP IVR ?

do you have simple link or article that explain this?

Rgds,

K

Since you are building for the first time, i would suggest you to have a look at SRND which talks about multiple deployment models ( CVP,IP-IVR ,ACD, etc)

SRND list for different versions.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-enterprise/products-implementation-design-guides-list.html

Excellent advice from Sasikumar.

I recommend downloading the PDF and saving it on your hard drive. This is really the bible for UCCE/CVP and I recommend reading it as many times as you can handle. You won't be able to take it all in on your first few passes. There used to be separate SRNDs for UCCE and CVP, but as of 11.5 it's combined - and it's huge (25MB). 

I have been reading SRNDs for years, and every time I reread it I always see something that had not quite stuck in my head. You are dealing with a very complex product set, so it's going to take some time to get acquainted with it.   

Regards,
Geoff

thanks guys

Hi Guys,

I want to setup UCCE LAB. Can you please let us know, is it possible to build lab without UCS server with windows server / PC / Laptop?

Thanks in advance. 

Yes it is possible. You need a few VMs so you would need a powerful PC with a lot of memory. I assume you have some sort of Router, maybe with an FXS/FXO card and an old phone as your ingress device and intend to use the Virtual Voice Browser (VVB) for VXML.

Ideally you would create a small VM to be the Domain Controller, then a Sprawler, a CVP All in One, a UCM, Finesse, CUIC and VVB.

Regards,

Geoff 

Geoff,

If we want to learn scripting of UCCE /ICM , is there any script repository like in UCCX where you can play with?

Or any good link?

Thanks,

K

you can refer scripting and media guide . Below link is for 11.0 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_11_0_1/Maintenance/Guide/UCCE_BK_S0E6B2B7_00_scripting-and-media-routing-guide.html

There is a section of Example scripts . Before directly going to that section, refer starting sections which give some explanation about different elements in script editor.

great thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: