Views
Helpful
Replies

uccx 10.5 script query

nareh84
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

I want to store some data on a centeralized place to which each caller who will hit the script should be able to access as well as change. this can be done using database read and write. but i currently dont have database. can i do it document/xml in uccx??

Regards

2 Replies 2

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

You should be able to do what you want to do using XML files. However, if you're looking to have callers change the file, you could run into a race condition where 2 or more callers are changing the file at the same time and I don't know what problems that could cause if multiple copies of the file is being written at the same time. If your script is making decisions based on the contents of the XML file, you could have problems in your script's decision making process.

What kind of changes are callers making to the XML file?

Bill

hi,

I want options to be prioritized alternatively. for example i have two options in the script. option 1 and option 2. i want one customer who select option 1 to be prioritized and then next call will not be prioritized until the next caller select option 2. in order to do that i want to save information on uccx (because i dont have database). can i update the xml file stored in uccx to update the priority status. is there some document/guide to go through xml data manipulation and scripting.

Regards