Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.6 domain error when changing IP

gregorygout
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just been through upgrading CUCM, CUC, and UCCX from an 8.5 version to the respective 10.5 and 10.6 (10.6 for uccx version) via 9.1 for CUCM.

I only have my publishers at this point as I will be adding subs once I have finished changing all IPs and hostname for pre-installation in production environment.

I had previously restored some backups from 8.5, hence the need to keep original IPs.

I had no issues changing hostname, IP, mask and gateway for CUCM and CUC in 10.5 via the command on CLI: set network hostname

for UCCX, I noticed earlier I could not upgrade to 10.6 without setting DNS and a domain name. This being a lab, I have no real domain name and DNS server, but setting dummy ones did the trick for the upgrade.

via the CLI, I first changed the AXL ip ( via set uccx provider ip axI    If I remember OK)

I can change the IP gateway without issue as well.

If I try to change the hostname or the ip address via the CLI, I get an error message after about a minute (bad domain name I think-I will post the exact error in morning). It just can't run the list of scripts to make the change in database.

I haven't tried from the gui yet, but if anybody encountered this problem before-thanks to let me know what you tried!

cheers.

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

DNS is something that is a very important feature for UCCX especially starting version 10 onwards. If you will check the IP Address Modification Section of UCCX Admin Guide, step 1 is to have the correct DNS records only::

Hence, please correct your DNS and Domain Name information before proceeding the change of host name and IP Address as system checks for this and try to resolve both forward/reverse lookup entries while making the changes to hostname and IP Address.

Link to UCCX Admin Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/config/guide/UCCX_BK_CEC562D1_00_cisco-unified-ccx-administration-guide106.html

Thanks a lot for your answer Deepak.

just to clarify, I currently do not have a DNS server in my lab. I have entered some info for DNS and Domain in uccx, just to be able to upgrade.

So, the only way to progress this is to configure a router as a DNS server, definitely no way around it ?(I do have the correct DNS entries in uccx for the production environment, but all is currently in my lab).

thanks a lot,

Greg

That is correct Greg. Anthing that you can setup easily and will be able to resolve forward and reverse lookup entries for now will work. Once the set up is in production, you will already have a valid DNS server so you are good to go there.

Regards

Deepak

thanks for your help Deepak.