cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.6 script to Dial by name then route to queue if agent not available

dawahlert
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Our customer wants to change the routing of their contact center to be more agent based then queue based.  What they are looking for is the ability to have "if you know your parties extension you may dial it at anytime" inserted into the greeting which it looks like I can resolve with this:  https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/dial-by-name-anytime/td-p/2904357.  Then, if the agent is not available when dialing them by extension they would like the call to route to a queue, based on their product line.  This is where I am stuck.  Is this possible to do and am I going to have to enter an IF statement for every agent (or maybe group the IF statement by product line)?  On top of that they would like to add a press 5 for our dial by name directory which would also need to follow the routing above when the agent is not logged in or does not answer.  Normally I would route out to Unity for this, but they want everything to stay within contact center.  This is all in UCCX 10.6 w/35 agents.  Any suggestions?

Thank You

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your best option would be to either have that information stored in an XML file that you read, database (assuming you have premium edition to integrate to external DB) or connect via web services to read the data from external source.  You don't want to hard code it in the script as that will become a management nightmare to change/etc.  There are plenty of examples on how you can read an XML file from a CCX script out there with some actual scripts found in CCX script repository (just google it).

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

Resource Based Selection looks something like this:

Let me know if this helps or if you have problems with the link.

-Sean