cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11.5 Call redirect step - how to force Calling number to my helpdesk number

Tim Lowrey
Level 1
Level 1

I have remote support persons in another country who need to call my end users to support.

Problem is that their telco does not support call masking, so my users would not answer their calls.

I am trying to be the middle man to mask calls for them so our users will recognize that it is a legit call.

What I have working so far. Remote support calls my UCCX script, I validate them, prompt them for number to dial, then Call redirect to complete the call. Issue is the calling number still shows remote support persons number. I've set external phone number mask on route point and cti ports to the number I want. No help. 

Ideas?

Thanks, Tim

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yeah, that's how that is going to work. So, what you can do is, switch your step for the Call Consult Transfer step, which will use the EPNM on the CTI Ports. It will update to the real caller ID after the two parties are connected, but at least for the ringing portion, it will show the UCCX number.