cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11 - Difference between Basic and Advanced IVR Ports

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

If you have ENH licenses, you don't get the free 2-per-user Advanced IVR ports.  I've been trying to figure out what kind of port licenses you do get with ENH user licenses but the documentation isn't very forthcoming.  I found the following in the Design Guide but it doesn't tell me anything about the difference between the two port types or whether I will get any basic ports when I add my ENH user licenses.  I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me:

IVR Ports

IVR ports are packaged as either Basic or Advanced IVR ports.

• Basic IVR ports licensing—Basic IVR ports are not licensed. You must use the Cisco Unified Communications Sizing Tool to determine the maximum number of Basic IVR ports that are supported on a per-configuration basis.

• Advanced IVR ports licensing— Advanced IVR ports are licensed on a per-inbound voice seat basis and are available only with the Premium package. Each inbound voice seat provides two Advanced IVR port licenses. For example, a 100-seat inbound voice deployment provides 200 Advanced IVR port licenses. Advanced IVR port licenses counts are checked at run-time. In the example given here, the 201st simultaneously active request for an Advanced IVR port to handle an incoming call would be denied. Deployments that require additional advanced IVR ports need to purchase add-on Unified CCX Premium seats. Each Premium seat provides two advanced IVR ports.

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure if you further look down in the Design Guide that provides the list of features you get based on the License package that you have. The number of ports if you install Enhanced license will be based on the OVA template that you will use to deploy e.g., if you deploy the VM using 100 agents OVA then the number of CTI ports you will get is 100 if running on Enhanced license even if you have 75 agents seat license there.

Similarly if you deploy 300 agents OVA template then you will get 300 IVR ports if running on Enhanced license even if you have 75 agents seat license in that case as well. 1 seat is equal to 2 ports will only come into effect if you are running Premium license there and in that case no matter which OVA you have deployed will not take any effect but it will always be 2 times of your agents seat license. You might want to look in CCX Administration Guide as well for the difference in the features you get with the type of license that you have there

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/config/guide/UCCX_BK_CEC562D1_00_cisco-unified-ccx-administration-guide106/UCCX_BK_CEC562D1_00_cisco-unified-ccx-administration-guide_appendix_011000.html

In nutshell, if you have Premium license that gives you Advanced IVR ports will then be able to support below things as well which is not possible with Enhanced Licensing that gives Basic IVR ports:

Adds full Unified IP IVR support (except for Unified ICM integration) including database integration, Voice eXtensible Markup Language (VoiceXML), HTML web integration, custom Java extensions, and e-Notification services.

Note: Most of the times customers try to look for the differences based on Basic and Advanced IVR ports but that should not be the correct approach as you will not find much information that way. Simply look for the features based on the Licensing i.e., Premium, Enhanced or Standard and things will be much much clear. Think it that way, Advanced and Basic IVR ports are nothing but simply the subset of Premium and Enhanced/Standard license packages respectively

Regards

Deepak

OK.  I had interpreted the message just below it ("he maximum number of IVR ports is limited by the maximum number supported for a given OVA profile.") as simply being a reminder that you are hardware limited by the OVA as well as being limited by your licensing.  

So you're saying that if I use ENH licenses, I can add up to the max number of basic ports the OVA will allow without any additional cost?

That is correct, you do not pay for ports anyways. It is the seats that you pay for and get the same in your License file. Ports are provided as part of that only, in case of Premium 2 ports per 1 seat. For Enhanced/Standard, that will be decided by the OVA you will use to deploy VM and not based on your seats.

Now comes the question that if the number of ports are based on OVA in case of Enhanced/Standard licensing then why not everyone use 400 agent OVA template and get 400 ports. Answer to that is, deploying OVA for 400 agents will also require more hardware specs such as 16 GB RAM, 2X146 GB HDD etc so that will indeed give you more ports but will reduce the number of Virtual Machines that you would have been able to create on that particular UCS in case you have gone with a lesser OVA specs.

Regards

Deepak

Hi. If I have 20 Premium Agent seat. This means I can have 40 Advance IVR ports if I used advance IVR feature. The question is, if I used 400 ova template (assuming I have all the resources), can I still enjoy the 400 basic IVR ports?