cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 12.5 store data in XML document

Genadi
Level 1
Level 1

I have a list of customer numbers with are associated to agents. There is 10 agents and about 12000 numbers. Each number is associated to one of that 10 agents. My case is to check incoming number and route it to an agent. 

I have no option to store this information on external database or to get it from external service using REST API. Is it possible to upload this data to UCCX using document management ? For example in XML format. Will it work and if yes will UCCX able to parse such big amount of data ?

4 Replies 4

I've never seen Cisco address any limitations on parsing an XML file, though I've never seen anything bigger than a 100 entries. There's only one way to find out though. Please report back, I know this kind of thing comes up ever few years and we've never known if it actually worked or not.

david

Why do you say REST or a DB is not an option? The amount of data you mention seems like a bad idea to try and store in a single giant XML file.

That's business requirement. 

Who set the business requirement, and why? I would really focus on the the "why". Perhaps the requirement is set by someone who does not fully understand the ramifications of the way the requirement is set. There might be other ways to do it, but it is difficult (nigh impossible) to provide a good solution if you don't understand the business requirement/objective.