cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.0(2) SR5 to UCCX 8.0(2) License

rajan-sbc
Level 1
Level 1

Team - while upgrading from UCCX 7.0(2) SR5 to UUCX 8.0(2)

on separate servers - what license needs to be obtained before hand? Is there anything shipped with the

upgrade that has the PAK? If so is this part of

a separate delivery or order from Cisco?

I have the 8.0.2 media but no license PAK.

I will be doing a first node setup ( upgrade based on the put sftp backup of uccx7).

But it looks the uccx 8 should be installed with some license initially. Thanks.

6 Replies 6

I could not open that link.

Could you clarify during the upgrade  - does one get a PAK code from the ordering process and use that first to get a license?

I have the 2 servers for UCCX 8 and I have the old production servers for UCCX 7.

I have the CD/DVD for 8.0(2). Should we have some order for upgrade kit to get the PAK?

Please  advise.

The order from PUT should have included media and a PAK license for the upgrade. You would need to combine the new LIC file generated with all of your existing LIC files and upload them to the first node of the new install. Note that the 8.0 version of these licenses is node-locked so you will need to have your License MAC-related settings set to avoid invalidating the license.

If you didn't get your PAK file as part of the put order you may want to reach out to mp-upgrades@cisco.com for further assistance. Be sure to include the Cisco SO number from the PUT order.

Jonathan - thanks. I need to clarify. The PAK

and the node information for LICENSE MAC generates a lic file from cisco.com/go/licensing.

Are you saying upload this and the existing UCCX 7 license when you state the following

"You would need to combine the new LIC file generated with all of your existing LIC files and upload them to the first node"

Or is this taken care of when we do the first node with the upgrade option rather than Fresh Install?

I checked with a coworker who has done an upgrade from 7 to 8 recently and they do not recall having to gather existing license files from the 7 install. The TAR backup from 7 must include these for you. Since the upgrade documentation also does not call out this need you should be good with just the backup and the new license generated by SWIFT.

Hello :

The PUT will backup your current UCCX 7 licenses, but you will need an upgrade license from 7 to 8. I am not expert on how PAK works but if you have any issue you can contact the Cisco licensing team and request the upgrade license.

Also this link might help you to clarify some details regarding the UCCX 8 licensing model:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/others/blog/2010/10/29/uccx-8-licensing

HTH