cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.0 not seeing RMJTAPI association in UCM

sross
Level 1
Level 1

Suddenly when I add an ICD line to a new Agent and associate them with rmjtapi, it is not "taking". They are clearly associated in UCM, but when the agent tries to login the get the following error.

"Login failed due to a configuration error. Please ask your system administrator to associate your phone with the RM JTAPI Provider user ID according to the instructions in the Administrator Guide"

I have a TAC Case open on this, but am not getting anywhere with them, it's been almost a week now.  I have tried all of the following....

• removing the association and the readding it
  • rebooting the uccx server
  • stopping the node manager, removing team admin files, restarting the node manager all from UCCX
  • restarting the CTI Manager services on publisher and subscribers
  • specifically associating user with the RMCM app user, which I've never had to do before.

I'm at a total loss and need to get these people up and working any help/guidance would be GREATLY appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

There is a checklist I give clients for issues like this:

1.  Does the agent have the Standard CTI User role?

2.  Does the agent have a defined IPCCX extension?

3.  Does the agent have assigned control of their phone in the account?

4.  Does the agent line have the allow CTI control checkbox checked?

5.  If Extension Mobility is in use, does the agent have control of their profile?

6.  Are the physical phones associated with the RMCM user?

7.  Is the rmcm user set up as an application user with the correct rights?

If it's still messed up, you might consider redoing the UCCX integration and changing the rmcm user account name (something like rmcmV2), reassociating everything with the new account, restart the CRS engine (possibly reboot UCCX) and try it again.

Cliff

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

There is a checklist I give clients for issues like this:

1.  Does the agent have the Standard CTI User role?

2.  Does the agent have a defined IPCCX extension?

3.  Does the agent have assigned control of their phone in the account?

4.  Does the agent line have the allow CTI control checkbox checked?

5.  If Extension Mobility is in use, does the agent have control of their profile?

6.  Are the physical phones associated with the RMCM user?

7.  Is the rmcm user set up as an application user with the correct rights?

If it's still messed up, you might consider redoing the UCCX integration and changing the rmcm user account name (something like rmcmV2), reassociating everything with the new account, restart the CRS engine (possibly reboot UCCX) and try it again.

Cliff

Thanks Cliff!

After having the ticket open for 4 days with TAC, It turns out it was the association with the RMJTAPI Application user...go figure.

I don't remember having to associate the agent phone with both the end user and the application user before our CCM upgrade

but I definitely won't forget after all that.

Thanks for your direction.

Steph

Glad to have helped.  It's worked that way all the way back to IPCC Express v3.  Not sure before that.  But the way the association looked and felt in v4 and previous was different.  In v4 and earlier, you had to go to the user and specify the ICD line for the agent.  That process also set the agent as controlling the phone.  In the Linux versions of CCM, you have to give the user control of the phone before you can select the IPCC Express line for them.  The difference in the feel of the process is easily enough to be confusing.

Cliff