cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0(2) - How to determine the number of CTI ports required for script processing

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer have the solution with CUCM 8.6.2 and UCCX 8.0(2), with the following configuration:

CUCM

configured 524 CTI port

UCCX

Configured Licenses:

Package: Cisco Unified CCX Premium

IVR Port(s): 60

Cisco Unified CCX Premium Seat(s): 30

High Availability : Enabled

Cisco Unified CCX Preview Outbound Dialer: Enabled

Cisco Unified CCX Maximum Agents: 300

He would like know if the CTI ports is sufficient. How to determine the number of CTI ports required is sufficient?

Thanks,

Wilson

12 Replies 12

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With premium deployment you are only entitled to 2 CTI ports for every licensed agent seat, so you can only have 60 ports in your deployment, which comes down to call center utilization, i.e. for every call in queue or listening to prompts a single CTI port is being used. Once a call is transferred to agent the port is released.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am sorry, but, I didn´t understood your explanation. That I need know is if the actual scenario the I showed is need to do upgrade or  for this premium platform IVR Port with 60 is in the limit. My doubt is this, if the total is sufficient and as is calculated the total CTI ports

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

With UCCX Premium license you will get,

->IVR Ports = 2 * No of Agent seat licenses (this rule is true till you reach the maximum capacity of the hardware being used).

When there is an active call in the UCCX system used for Queueing (playing IVR prompts, or holding the call) it will consume one of the Licensed IVR ports (nothing but CTI port being used here to park the call tempararily for playing IVR prompts..). There is no limitation in creating CTI ports...you can create as many as you wish.

But depending on the exising licensed IVR ports in the system those many active simultaneous CTI ports will be used.

In your case the max is limited 60 IVR ports.

Hope this helps.

Anand

pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi Anchoudh,

Thanks by very good explanation, but, I have any doubt. You told that max IVR ports is 60, my question is: If  need of more ports is possible increase for this version? I have to do upgrade hardware and software? I am sorry, but, not is clear for me as is calculate this quantity port? If is actual quantity CTI port is sufficient or no?

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

In your above case, the max licensed IVR ports=60, if you want to increase this than you need to purchase more no of Agent seats, for every Agent seat license you will get 2 IVR ports licenses (assuming that you are referring to Inbound calls here, because for IVR Outbound there is a separate Licensing).

This calculation for Premium license (IVR Ports=2 * Agent seat count, will continue to hold good till you reach the maximum harware server capacity.

Please refer the "Table 7.Reference Capacities for Inbound and Blended Inbound and Outbound Systems" and the coulmn "IVR ports*" in the below link to know on the max capacities of the hardwares.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/custcosw/ps5693/ps1846/data_sheet_c78-629807.html

And coming back to your question on how do we decide the MAX required IVR ports, it really depends on the Max Call's being Queued in your deployment, if you really do not wish to lose any calls , than go order more than the max calls queued.

Hope this helps.

Anand

please rate helpful posts !!

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes you can buy more agent licenses for which you will get 2 IVR ports per each agent seat until you reach the system limit of 300 ports.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Chris,

Yes, you are right (+5 to you). Max 300 IVR ports is true, if its a Cisco MCS 7845, B200M1, C210M1 server.

Thanks,

Anand

Indeed Anand, +5 for clarification and detailed explanation as always.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Guys,

About the explanation Ok, is very good, but, my question not was answered: As I know if the actual quantity license is sufficient? That the parameters is used to calculate how long the CTI port is necessary? This is not clear for me, I am sorry

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

When the call is placed in Queue and being played with some cutom IVR prompts than it will use the licensed IVR port, the moment the call gets tranferred to Agent extension, this licensed IVR port is set free.

In your deployment you can queue a maximum of 60 callers. If you are getting more than 60 callers simultaneously than plan to increse this count to a number according to your requirements.

Thanks,

Anand

Hi Anand and Chris,

I am sorry by my insistence. I found the documentation in cisco site informing that to calcule the CTI ports I need use the Erlang B calculate. Is this correct? Is this information that I need, if the actual quantity is suficient or my customer need buy more license and as calculate.

Thanks,

Wilson

Wilson,

Sure you use Erlang B calculation to figure out how many ports are needed, but you cannot simply just configure them without getting license on UCCX Premium.  What we are trying to explain is that you currently have 30 agent licenses which entities you to 60 CTI Ports, if you think you need more after running your numbers thorough Erlang B calculator you will need to buy more agent licenses to get more CTI Ports.

Not to confuse you further, but if you had UCCX Standard or Enhanced you are entitled to max number of CTI ports per the platform despite the number of agent licenses, basically with these editions the CTI ports are free.

If you need to calculate how many ports you should have you can find plenty of Erlang B calculators online.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris