Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 database integration with SQL Server 2005 Express

Dear Support Community,

I need to set up a script to read SQL Server 2005 Express records.

The SQL Server 2005 Express is compatible with the UCCX 8.0?

Let me know if you need more information

4 Replies 4

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nope, SQL Express is not supported. Please refer the comp matrix here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

Supported Enterprise DBs with UCCX 8.0 are

Oracle 10g R2, Oracle 10g XE

Sybase Adaptive Server 12

IBM DB2 8.2

MS SQL Server 2000

MS SQL Server 2005

MS SQL Server 2008

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Gajanan,

SQL Server Express is just a differently packaged and trimmed version of SQL Server. Apart from limitations on the SQL Server instance itself (like restricted RAM and CPU usage) everything is the same, including the communication protocol (which is based on the JTDS library in UCCX 8.x which perfectly supports SQL Server Express)

I don't see any reason why it would not be compatible.

Oh, by the way, I just remembered, we've got a preproduction environment running IP IVR 8.0 with SQL Server 2005 Express. Yes, it works. :-)

G.

Gergely,

In Cisco world ( as the saying goes in Netpro ), there is difference between what works & what is supported. At this moment, Cisco has not tested UCCX with SQL Express & hence is not supported.

No offence, please.

GP.

Gajanan,

then here's a tricky question: what editions do you support, then? Does this mean Standard Edition is the One and Only? Or can I go with the Enterprise Edition as well?

If you don't support MS SQL 2K5 Express, why on earth do you support Oracle XE?

G.