Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 XML files PROBLEMS!

zamora0800
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I recently upgraded a customer's IPCC 4.0 to UCCx 8.2 SU2. Things seemed to be working great with my scripts until I ran into some issues with uploading XML files.

The idea is that the customer dial a directory number eg. 5555 and then be prompted to enter 1 to turn ON or vice-a-versa if it is turned on. I have attached the XML file as it seems just a very simple file. I can't seem to get the file STATE to change to ON once I enter 1 as prompted. It takes my input during a reactive debug but I go and check the file and it is unchanged.

I have been pouring over post after post and it seems every answer is different. Some posts say I need an "authenticate user" step and then "upload document step". Others say I just need to change the directory structure. I already know not use C:\filename.xml  and instead use DOC[filename.xml]. I also know NOT to use the CREATE FILE step as it is not supported.

Instead of using the CREATE FILE step I use the CREATE XML DOCUMENT STEP and reference the output as DOC.

prompt.jpg

Then I use the GET XML Document Data

XMLDOC.bmp

Then later I use the WRITE DOCUMENT STEP

Write.bmp

Below are my parameters

parameters.JPG

I can't seem to get the file to correctly change from STATE OFF to STATE ON. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Attached is my script.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Actually, it's the Write Document step you are thinking of that lost support.  Well, it technically did not lose support, it got more restrictive.

You will need to replace your write document step with two more steps: Authenticate User and Upload Document.

Take a look at those changes, and post back if you need more help.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Actually, it's the Write Document step you are thinking of that lost support.  Well, it technically did not lose support, it got more restrictive.

You will need to replace your write document step with two more steps: Authenticate User and Upload Document.

Take a look at those changes, and post back if you need more help.

Spot on Anthony! I actually got it workign a few days ago just had not been able to post. Here are the steps.. I know there is a better way to authenticate where you don't have to hardcode a password and user but for now this works for us until I get a better handle on it. Thanks again Anthony!

You're welcome. Thanks for the 5 star rating!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Also, you do not need that Write Doc step in there, you should take that out unless you are doing it for some reason I don't know about.  Otherwise, hard coding credentials is a valid option, just consider for a moment that anonymously logged in users can still browse your repository, and if you credentials are that of a CCX administrator, you just compromised your system.  The better alternative is to read in the credentials from the document repository, which is fully protected.

Hi Anthony,

hope you're doing well !

I want to write a script in uccx to authorized my supervisor to enable or disable script.

as i come to know in my search that i have to create Emergency script.. if you have sample emergency script please can you share it with me...

Thanks & Best regards

Anwar

Hi Anthony,

We have UCCX 8.0(2)SU2 and I am struggling to find why I am unable to upload (write) value "1" or "0" to active/deactivate my emergency script.

Im not getting any errors anymore after adding the Upload Document step per this forum discussion, but for the hell it does not update the .xml document file :-(.

Here is a snippet of the logic I created for my script.

Basically under the emergencytemplate.xml contains %value% and for the emergency.xml contains 0.

This screen shot includes the Value when uploading document, goes through the end of the script but nothing is written to DOC emergency.xml.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated?

Thank you so much,

Yav

Was able to figure out problem right after I posted this :-) Issue was with order of my authentication step in script.

Hi

I was browsing information how to write script for supervisor to enable and disable script in UCCX so i found you have implemented same as my requirement with the name of emergency script.. could you please send me your script.. I'll write my script by keeping your script as reference for me..

your support will be highly appreciate

THANKS & BEST REGRDS

Anwar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: