Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 HRC Login Errors

Paul Wills
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have recently installed HRC from the plugins onto another users machine so that they are able to run reports etc.

HRC runs on my machine with no issues at all however on the new machine I am unable to log in. I get the following HRC error:

'Failed to initialize report from XML report definitionfile. Chech the log file for error 5041'

The log file returns the following:

1. %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:Failed to initialize report from XML file (C:\Program Files\Cisco UCCX Historical Reports\ReportTemplates\en_US\ICD_Abandoned_Call_Detail_Activity_en_us.xml)
  2. %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:Failed to initialize report from XML report definition file. Check the log file for error 5041. (C:\Program Files\Cisco UCCX Historical Reports\ReportTemplates\en_US\ICD_Aborted_Rejected_Call_Detail_en_us.xml)

Anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing this on the second machine - there are likely to be differences in the machines operating system in terms of SP's - i'm still to check this.

I have done a re-install 3 times today to try and resolve the issue - each time i get the same response - I have also updated the java version on the machine - again same result.

kind regards

Paul

7 Replies 7

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Paul,

Please refer the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/web/ccbu/CRS/8/5/1/SU2/UCCX_851SU2_ReleaseNotes.pdf

There are couple of defects which are part of the Resolved Caveats in this SU2.

CSCtq53493

HRC- Failed to initialize report with error 5041

CSCts05727

HRC- Failed to initialize report from XML report definition file

Fixed Version:

8.5(1)SU2

Request you to please upgrade the setup to 8.5(1)SU2 and see if the issue disappears.

Hope this helps,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Anand,

Many Thanks for responding

We're actually running SU3 and still experiencing the issue.

Our engineers have suggested that it could be related to the PC setup of the OS and SP's so we are looking into this

regards

Paul

Paul,

I have a customer also getting this error.

Again they are running SU2

Did you manage to fix it?

if so how please?

i do see su4 is released, but not sure if should follow this route or not.

Thanks.

Hi Neil,

Unfortunately we have not found a way around the XML issue yet - we were getting other intermitent errors but our IT team have got passed these by re-installing service packs and making sure all security updates are installed.(Windows)

Failing that new builds seem to be fine - so we have a number of desktops that have been built from scratch recently and the install flys on to those - again these have nothing more than Windows XP with SP 2 on them but they are 'clean'

regards

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for that.

Looks like could be a windows update issue then potentially, or even GPO if in use.

Alwyas like a clean PC to help rule things out.

Have you upgraded to SU4? just wondering if that also assisted in resolving it.

Neil

Neil,

Not yet, it's not been passed by our IT team as 'safe' to use, I'm sure that some people if they have the correct admin rights may well be running it, but certainly on the machines we've had issues with we've stayed away from it for now to try and help isolate the issue

Paul

No worries, Thanks Paul.