Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 Script

stharmal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running a uccx 8.5 system, one of our requirement is to enable the meeting mode so that when all the agents attend meeting, the uccx calls should go to a predefiend mobile number.

Currently the agents are doing by logging into the UCCX application managment and enabling the meeting mode manually.

Recently one of the agents made changes to the application which caused an outage.

Now I am planning to do this by dialling a certain number ...

Say example dial 2725 and enter 1 to enable the meeting mode and enter 2 to disable it.

For some reason this does not change the local variable "Check_meeting" to true.

Is there any wrong here ?

For some reason this

4 Replies 4

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Local variables are on a per call basis.  You can't set it in one call and then be able to read it in another call.

To accomplish what you want to do, you'll need to do one of the following:

1.  use a parameter variable and set the values via the web interface in the application

2.  Use an XML file in the document repository and update it via a CRS script, web action, or simply by uploading a modified XML file.

3.  Use a SQL database and modify the information there via a CRS script, web action, or direct edit of the database.

Cliff

Please rate helpful posts. 

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

stharmal,

I don't know if you have a sql database or not, but if you don't, I've found that referencing an external XML is very useful for managing a script. We have set up a management web page that call center supervisors are authorized to access. On the web page, they are able to update holiday schedules, overflow routing, emergency call routing, and redirect to a cell phone if in a meeting.

The script accesses an external PHP page that dynamically returns an XML file based on the configuration settings of the management web page.

Script -> dynamic XML PHP webpage -> configuration from management webpage.

This has been a very versatile way of controlling the UCCX scripts for our call centers.

NOTE: It does require a programmer to set up the PHP and management web page.

The real advantage to this is that you don't have to manually update XML files in the repository, as well as, it is a much easier tool to use than trying to configure your call center settings through a phone menu. It also only gives users the right to change only what is available to change on the management web page reducing the risk of an agent or supervisor can bring down your call center especially if you use drop down menus and don't allow free hand input.

Hope this helps,

Mark

villarrealed
Level 1
Level 1

You will need to store the value in an XML file in the repository as the other posts have suggested.  I've attached a sample event administration script.  The event admin script is used to enable/disable the emergency and the event check is a subflow used to check the xml file from your call flow.  Follow the instructions in the PDF.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To offer one more suggestion to the list of great suggestions...

You could leverage a Session object, and increase your default session timer to the longest you would be in a meeting.  E.g., from 30 minutes (default) to 60 minutes.

Then fabricate a new session object if one doesn't already exist, mapping it to a name like "helpdesk", then read out the variable called "meeting_status" which would be true.

Ok, ok, I'll admit, this is not as mainstream as say XML docs, or App params, but it deserves a second look.  After all, why would you be able to fabricate sessions, if not for storing global information to be shared between callers?

Am i right?