Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.x/9.x - Write Document

m.paolelli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

various questions on the same topic (the UCCX version are 8.x / 9.x):

• is it possible with the 'Write Document' Step, to modify a document (for example a .TXT one) which is in the Repository?
  • Otherwise, is it possible to modify a doc which is saved on another server/pc?
  • May I change / modify a .TXT doc or just an XML one?

I've to upgrade a bunch of script from an UCCX Windows version to the last UCCX Linux one... so I've seen that there is a script which often modify a .TXT document... so I thought... how can I do that on Linux?

Please, can you help?

Best regards,

Mario

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

well, there is a folder on the filesystem (don't remember the exact path), but I recommend you avoid that. It may be used only for storing temporary files, as the contents of this directory are not protected by the disaster recovery system. The files stored in the Repository are protected.

If you don't specify a directory, the file will be written into the folder specific to the default language of the UCCX. If it's US English, it will be en_us.

Frequently I meant lke every second or so, but two-three times a day is alright.

G.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

yes, nothing prevents you to get the document from the repository, perform some modifications and write it with the same filename.

If you want to read/write a document from/to a Windows share, read this document (UCCX Premium/IP IVR needed):

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-23618

You can modify any type of file, not only text, but binary files as well.

If there is a piece of an information being updated frequently, I recommend you consider integrating UCCX with a database.

G.

Hi Gergely,

must the file be in a specific folder?

I think I've read somewhere that the file must be in the 'Customer' folder or somthing like that... is it true or it's just a tale?

And... what d'you mean by 'frequently'? Two/Three times a day could be ok?

Thanks again!

Hi,

well, there is a folder on the filesystem (don't remember the exact path), but I recommend you avoid that. It may be used only for storing temporary files, as the contents of this directory are not protected by the disaster recovery system. The files stored in the Repository are protected.

If you don't specify a directory, the file will be written into the folder specific to the default language of the UCCX. If it's US English, it will be en_us.

Frequently I meant lke every second or so, but two-three times a day is alright.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: