cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.x AppAdmin with AD Integration

stewart699700
Level 1
Level 1

I have a dilemma which I have fallen victim of before and wish to avoid.

During pre-stage I've built a CUCM 8 and UCCX 8 cluster.

I created End Users accounts in CUCM and used these for the UCCX AppAdmin.

This works fine for now,  however we plan to migrate the CUCM with AD once on the customer site.

I believe this will remove the existing End User Accounts which will result in the UCCX's AppAdmin account unable to login!

If I was able to use an Application User for the UCCX AppAdmin this would not be an issue as these will remain after AD integration.

Ideally I should have installed UCCX after the AD integration but this was not possible.

This has happened previously and I had to get TAC to use the CET Tool to gain access to AppAdmin, I would like to avoid this if possible.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated, apart from the obvious of re-installing UCCX?

Regards

Stewart

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Create your appadmin user in AD prior to sync, this way it will not be purged.

2) Create an end user account that matches an existing AD account prior to sync, this way it will align with AD

Note: In UCCX 8x TAC has to run CET for you. In UCCX 7x and lower, you can run it yourself.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

sasanka.pathi
Level 1
Level 1

Try creating same user in AD. Let me give an example. By mistake we have deleted the uccx admin user in cucm. So we lost access to uccx. So we have created the user again in the cucm and we rebooted the UCCX. After that it started working and able to log in again. Don’t know whether it will work or not for you. But it worked for us. Customer is running 7.0 UCCX.

Warm Regards,

Venkata Sasanka.pathi(-91 950 265 2290)

Consultant | unified communications

Locuz Enterprise Solutions Ltd. {An ISO 9001:2008 company}

Phone : +91 (40) 3050 9288, Fax: +91(40)3050 9006

No. 4, 6th Floor, Orion Tower, Bldg # 9, Mindspace,

Cyberabad, Hyderabad 500 081

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Create your appadmin user in AD prior to sync, this way it will not be purged.

2) Create an end user account that matches an existing AD account prior to sync, this way it will align with AD

Note: In UCCX 8x TAC has to run CET for you. In UCCX 7x and lower, you can run it yourself.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

sasanka.pathi
Level 1
Level 1

Try creating same user in AD. Let me give an example. By mistake we have deleted the uccx admin user in cucm. So we lost access to uccx. So we have created the user again in the cucm and we rebooted the UCCX. After that it started working and able to log in again. Don’t know whether it will work or not for you. But it worked for us. Customer is running 7.0 UCCX.

Warm Regards,

Venkata Sasanka.pathi(-91 950 265 2290)

Consultant | unified communications

Locuz Enterprise Solutions Ltd. {An ISO 9001:2008 company}

Phone : +91 (40) 3050 9288, Fax: +91(40)3050 9006

No. 4, 6th Floor, Orion Tower, Bldg # 9, Mindspace,

Cyberabad, Hyderabad 500 081

stewart699700
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Guys, I'll give this a go.

1. Create CUCM End User

2. Configure CUCM End User as UCCX AppAdmin

3. Create AD User using same credentials as CUCM End User

4. Migrate CUCM to use AD

5. CUCM User should purge

6. UCCX AppAdmin should authenticate successfully using AD User

As an added precaution I will keep logged in as AppAdmin on UCCX while the AD Migrates.

Will let you know how it goes.

Regards

Stewart

slandrews wrote:

5. CUCM User should purge merge

slandrews wrote:

As an added precaution I will keep logged in as AppAdmin on UCCX while the AD Migrates.

If the user gets deactivated in CUCM End Users, and you stay logged in, the very next thing you click on will log you out.  So this won't help anyway.  You absolute best bet is to open a proactive TAC case while you do this.  That way CET is available immediately, instead of an hour later.

Also, don't worry too much, your UCCX will continue to function, you just wont be able to make system setting changes while TAC fixes you up via CET.

Gents, this worked a treat!

Prior to the AD integration I created an End User and configured it as a UCCX Admin.

I then created a user with the same credentials in AD (UserID and Password).

Following the AD integration I was still able to login as this new user.

All other UCCX Admin accounts where inactive (as expected).

Many Thanks

Stewart

All,

We've just had the exact same issue with UCCX 8.5. We were able to create the AppAdmin account in Active Directory and succesfully log into UCCX following a restart of the server.

CUCM 8.5

UCCX 8.5

VMWare ESX 4.1

No need for TAC.

Craig:

allen84us
Level 1
Level 1

any workaround to use the CET without engaging TAC ?

Dears

I have same issue i loss my AD user then i create new uccxadmin in CUCM End user but it after that i reboot UCCX then its not login in  CU CCX Administrator  but its login in C UCCX Servicability.  any help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: