Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 9.0.2 - Agent state problems when Default script is execute

Hello,

I need some help on that problem.

I created a special script I want to use as the default script in my application. When I use this special script as the main script, everything is fine.

But when I use this special script as the "default script" in my application, desabled the main script to force my special script to be executed, I have problems with the agent's states.

--> When my agent receives the call from UCCX,  he becomes in reserved state but when he answers the call, instead of going in talking state, it goes to available state.  The UCCX do not further monitor the call.  The only way to hang up the call is with the telephone. 

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The default scripts are not meant to be used as call routing scripts.  The intention is to allow you to gracefully bow out of the call, with a customized and friendly error message, versus the default Cisco message.

Note

Remember that the purpose of the default script is to gracefully terminate the call when the main script fails, not to have a fall back to provide the original services intended by the primary script. This distinction is important because using system resources to execute this default script may impair system performance. If the primary script fails too often, then you should fix the primary script rather than providing another script to attempt the same task.

Source: UCCX Getting Started with Scripts, Chapter 5 - Advanced Scripting Techniques, Section Advanced Error Handling, Subsection Using Default Scripts

Good Example

Start

Accept (--Triggering Contact--)

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[whoops.wav] + DP[3000])

Terminate (--Triggering Contact--)

End

EDIT: August 1, 2013 - I just learned a new trick.  If you need to only play a single prompt as your default script, as in the above "good example", then UCCX has a way to do this without creating a new default script, and setting it on every single application.  You upload your prompt to the repository with the filename: "unrecov_error.wav".  You can even have one per language!  That's pretty cool!

Bad Example

Start

Accept (--Triggering Contact--)

...greeting...

...check for holidays...

...check business hours...

...deliver main menu of 7 choices...

...ask caller for account number...

...perform DB lookup on account number...

...check agents logged in...

...select resource...

...queue the caller for 5 minutes...

...route call to agent...

End

I'm not saying this is why you are seeing the weird behavior, I'm just trying to inform you that you shouldn't be routing calls to Agents in your default script.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hello,

Thank for the information, I will read this chapter.

In my default script, I used the Set Enterprise Call Info to display the message to the agents :

Message1 : Default script in used

Message2:  Please advise your administrator

Message3 : An action need to be taken.

I will see then what can I do.