Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX & OAUTH Authentication

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello All,

I am integrating UCCX 11.6 with SocialMiner 11.6 and Office365. Looks like the integration is completed successfully but when it comes to test the connection in the email CSQ configuration page, an error message stating CSQs Configuration Errors, Email Username and Password do not match. I asked the exchange people to reset the PW and used the new PW but the same error message gets displayed. The exchange engineer is asking me if the UCCX supports OAUTH authentication used in O365?

I believe the answer is Yes but how can I check to make sure if OAUTH protocol is being active?

Your help is appreciated as usual. 

Thanks,

MK

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The documentation only references OAuth within the context of Gmail; Exchange/O365 is stuck with Basic auth.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_12_5_1_su1/maintain_and_operate/guide/uccx_b_1251su1admin-and-operations-guide/uccx_b_12_5_2admin-and-operations-guide_chapter_010001.html

And yes, I agree that’s a problem with Microsoft’s plans to require Modern Auth. When/if Cisco plans on adding OAuth support for O365 is a question you will need ask your Cisco AM.

Thanks Jonathan for replying.

We know that the O360 is on the cloud. Our UCCX has no access to the internet but SocialMiner does. My question is, do I need to open an access from UCCX to outlook.office365.com port 993? I though UCCX communincate with SocialMiner and SocialMiner with O365. Am I mistaken?

Thanks,

MK

No, you do not need to open those ports for CCX. IMAP and SMTP are sourced from CCP/Social Miner. The Port Reference Guide also indicates this: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_12_5_1_su1/configuration/guide/rcct_b_1251su1_port-utilization-guide-ccx.html

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have a same/similar issue.

We also get the same error when we try any O365 account - I've even tried it with my own account!

Then just before the winter holidays, our Microsoft team enabled Modern Authentication.

So, it didn't work before Modern Authentication, and it is not working now either obviously.

Guess I have to open a TAC case.

This is my post regarding the same issue.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/does-socialminer-still-use-imap-for-o365/m-p/4536010#M123081

jgracecco
Level 1
Level 1

Did anyone come up with a resolution for this.  I'm having this issue right now.

Yes!

It looks like an upgrade is in your future!
This is from Cisco back on September 30, 2022: 

(UCCX) UCCX 12.5(1) SU02ES03 and CCP 12.5(1) SU02ES03 are now Available !

Published: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 09:08:36 GMT

We are excited to announce the release of Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 12.5 SU02ES03

This release brings the new feature OAuth 2.0 Authentication Support for Microsoft Office 365

To make the necessary configuration, refer the Feature Guide

Also includes the fix for :

• Unable to set the holiday entries for the calendars from the ASC gadget CSCwb96792
  • CCX 12.5 Email windows sometimes does not show the body CSCwb72837
  • Finesse server at High CPU CSCwc67640
  • CUIC scheduled reclaim of dbspace CSCvv62396
  • Subscriber Installation fails on UCCX Publisher 12.5 SU2 ES01/ES02 CSCwc58021
  • Recorded prompt not working after upgrade from 11.6 to 12.5SU2 CSCwc18623
  • Users get logged off spontaneously from CUIC CSCwc07737
  • TTS prompt using VB not working after upgrading from 11.6 to 12.5 CSCwb72837 and many more.

Refer the CCX and CCP Readme for the complete list of defects fixed.

For more information about this update, click here