cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Assign Skills in Bulk

jnorthington
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 main queues.  The Call Center Sup's like to move agents in and out based on load etc. but the skilling process is cumbersome one agent at a time.  I can go into assign skills and group them by resource group and just check the box next to each name and then add or remove skills alot faster and easier.  BUT I do not want to give Admin Privileges to supervisors.  I only want them to be able to add and remove skills more efficiently.  Is there a way to add access to certain modules for supervisors?  Specifically the Assign Skills page in RMCM, without giving them full administrative view.  

3 Replies 3

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

if you read the body of my message, you see that neither of those are relevant.  im not looking to be able to do this from an API perspective.  I want to make it available to my call center supervisors.  They aren't going to GET and PUT, nor would I trust them with that capability.  Thanks anyway.

Yes - I understood your post.

As you already know, there's no way to assign skills to multiple resources as a supervisor. This feature has been requested a number of times over the years. Check the road-map for UCCX. If Cisco has no plans to release this feature, then you would need to develop your own solution (unless someone is willing to give you their solution for FREE) via Resource API. Here's another example;

https://cisco-marketing.hosted.jivesoftware.com/thread/67349

Yes, I know I know... you probably didn't like this answer. Another possibility might be...

Create another skills based CSQ, for example;

CSQ_HelpdeskA

- skillNameA(5)

CSQ_HelpdeskB

- skillNameB(5)

CSQ_Overflow

- skillNameA(5)

- skillNameB(5)

Agents would be assigned to skillNameA or skillNameB. If the agent's skill level is >= 5, they would receive inbound calls for their respective CSQ. Edit your script(s) and just prior to the 'Select Resource' step, add the 'Get Reporting Statistics' step. Create int variable as well.

Finally, you can use IF or SWITCH Statements to analyze and redirect callers based on the reporting statistics. For example, IF the estimated wait time is >= 600 and only IF there's an available 'ready' agent in the other CSQ... then, you could dequeue (if previously assigned to CSQ) or you could reassign aka set the CSQ (if prior to the Select Resource step) again. Technically, you don't need a third CSQ... I only suggested one for reporting purposes.

Again, there's probably a couple of ways to tackle this problem... some require the use of APIs and some don't. APIs could be invoke via HTTP. It really depends on what's acceptable to you and your customers, and your programming expertise. Good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: