cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX CAD to Finesse Migration

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

I am looking for information on migrating from CAD to UCCX. I have two teams set up in UCCX currently and want to migrate the smaller team first. I am already running 10.6 mixed-mode, but am curious about two things:

1. Has anyone used the Finesse migration utility in devnet?

2. I am not upgrading the server, so can I run the migration tool to perform the migration when not upgrading the server, but just switching to Finesse?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ryan LaFountain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I can't speak to #1 but you should be able to run the utility on 10.6 to migrate to Finesse. There are some features in 11.0(1) Finesse around multiple enterprise data layouts that are not supported in 10.6 so migrating those may fail, but otherwise, it should work fine.

Please let me know if you run into trouble with the utility.

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ryan LaFountain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I can't speak to #1 but you should be able to run the utility on 10.6 to migrate to Finesse. There are some features in 11.0(1) Finesse around multiple enterprise data layouts that are not supported in 10.6 so migrating those may fail, but otherwise, it should work fine.

Please let me know if you run into trouble with the utility.

Thanks,

Ryan

I tried running the migration utility and it crashed out during the export phase here:

Getting information for workgroup TestWrkFlow13

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "convert.py", line 882, in <module>

KeyError: 'sn'

Since it appeared to have gathered some information, like reason codes  and wrapup codes, I then ran 'import' on the target system and it exited almost immediately:

Connectivity check completed. Begin migration? (Yes/No):yes

Started CAD to Finesse migration script import against uccx-pub.bcaa.bc.ca.

Getting Finesse teams.

Getting workgroup configurations.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "convert.py", line 1307, in <module>

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'workgroups.txt'

Is there an updated version of the utility, or something that I should do to facilitate a smooth migration?

Regards.

Brendan Keith

Telus National Systems