cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uccx call queueing issue

sdwitner1
Level 1
Level 1

when outside callers call into our call center the caller gets queued even though there are agents available. If an agent is available then the caller should get routed to them instead of sitting in the queue. I have attached my script to look over as well.

11 Replies 11

David King
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings,

I have a few questions for you:

- What version of UCCX are you running?

- Have you checked agents competency levels and what the queue requires? Even though an agent is available, if they do not have the correct skill competence requirements, the call will not be routed to them.

- Does the caller stay queued indefinitely?

- Is this a new issue or has this script always done this?

Have a geat weekend.

-Dave King

-UCCX version 8.0.2

-I am using competency levels so certain agents get more calls than others, so if a call comes in and the agents with the higher competency levels are on the phone, shouldn’t the agent with that lower level that is ready get the call?

-It’s a new issue as far as I know

- 8.0.2 is the main version, can you find the complete version by logging into AppAdmin and going to Help > About. It should look something like 8.0.2.XXXXX-XX

- Right, in that case the agents with lower competency levels should get the call. But, for example, your queue requires a competency level of 5 for skill "answer calls". Agent A has an "answer calls" competency of 9 but he/she is on a call. Agent B has an "answer calls" competency of 4 and is in a ready state. The call will never go to Agent B because he/she does not meet the requirements for the queue.

I just want to ensure that the agents that are ready that don't get offered calls do not fall into this scenario.

System version: 8.0.2.10000-41

OK - from the sound of things, I believe you may be hitting bug CSCsw64328.

To confirm this, I would need the MIVR logs for a time period when this issue re-occurs. Does it reoccur often? Do the calls stay in queue indefinitely or do they eventually get routed to an agent?

Nevertheless, I would highly suggest upgrading to SU3... 8.0.2.10000-41 is what is known as base. Since then, there has been 3 seperate updates (SU1, SU2, SU3) which have greatly improved the stability of the platform.

For further information, the download link is:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=270569179&catid=278875240&softwareid=280840578&release=8.0(2)_SU3&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=latest

The release notes and installation instructions can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/web/ccbu/CRS/8/0/2/SU3/UCCX_802_SU3_Relnote.pdf

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave

Thanks. I will look into installing SU3. Can I download SU3 from the Cisco site with my CCO account?

Yup! The top link there is to the download. from CCO. You will need both part 1 and part 2 of the files, and the release notes (second link) will show you how to join them into 1 file.

UCSInstall_UCCX_8_0_2_UCOS_8.0.2.11004-12.sgn.iso_part1of2

UCSInstall_UCCX_8_0_2_UCOS_8.0.2.11004-12.sgn.iso_part2of2

If you don't see the above two files straight from the download link , then click on 8.0(2)_SU3 from the "Latest Releases" section.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great weekend.

-David King

Ok. So I got the two files downloaded to my laptop. Do I merge them on my laptop or do I have to do the merge on the UCCX server? If its done on my laptop can I then take the merged file and put it onto a DVD to upgrade that way?

On your laptop. It'll combine into a normal .ISO that you will need to burn to a DVD. If you didn't want to burn it to a DVD, you could use an FTP server to FTP the ISO to the server.

I would suggest the physical media approach (DVD).

Hi

You would merge on your PC.

The release notes for whatever you have downloaded show you the command. Whether you burn to DVD later or SFTP it over the LAN you would still do this.

FOr a windows machine it is like this:

copy /b xxx.filepart1+xxx.filepart2 xxx.iso

Then once done, burn to DVD or put on your SFTP server.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!