Helpful
Replies

UCCX Chat Form Differentiation

Prashant Sehgal
Level 1
Level 1

UCCX: 11.5
SM: 11.5

I have two chat forms that point to exact same CSQs and with same fields.

Is there a way to distinguish between the two from agent's perspective. I thought of using different fields like A_Name or B_Name, but if someone doesn't enter anything it just says customer and allows a chat session.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Weird.  Ok, try this.  Add one more form item to each of them, call it "portal".  Now, by default, the form element will show up as a text entry field on the web page, because the default HTML will look like this:

<input type="text" name="extensionField_Portal" />

You'll want to hide it from the user, as well as manually enter the value, which will be different on each of the different portal sites.  To say that again, you will be filling in this form field manually, with static content, which will be submitted to the Agent, just like the other fields, such as "Name", "Email", "Phone" etc that you have in your form today.

<input type="hidden" name="extensionField_Portal" value="Public">

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe there is an out of the box solution for this.  Why would you have two chat forms, which are identical, going to the same CSQ?  Maybe there's another solution in here somewhere, we just have to find it.

One's through a secure portal and one's through open public. Their purpose is exactly the same. I wanted to see if there was a way around it, without changing the CSQs, as that'd would've required them to change the web forms on the portal. But if there isn't any other way, then that's what I'm gonna do.

Thanks.

I still don't understand why you have two different forms.  Why not just use the same form on both private and public facing pages?

That's what I asked, but they wanted to keep them separate due to some internal security reason and also for agents to know where the chat is coming from (for whatever quality and treatment purpose). Guessing the "Agents to know" portion was never discussed, as I wasn't involved in the initial planning or setup phase.

If we setup the same form on both public and private site, it's gonna be the same issue all over again, as the agents won't know where the chat is being initiated from.

Weird.  Ok, try this.  Add one more form item to each of them, call it "portal".  Now, by default, the form element will show up as a text entry field on the web page, because the default HTML will look like this:

<input type="text" name="extensionField_Portal" />

You'll want to hide it from the user, as well as manually enter the value, which will be different on each of the different portal sites.  To say that again, you will be filling in this form field manually, with static content, which will be submitted to the Agent, just like the other fields, such as "Name", "Email", "Phone" etc that you have in your form today.

<input type="hidden" name="extensionField_Portal" value="Public">

Thanks Anthony!