Helpful
Replies

UCCX Configuration User

Torsten G
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i get the following Error:

failed to update the Cisco Unified CM Telephony user on the Cisco Unified CM.

when i configure the user on UCCX under System -> Cisco Unified CM Configuration

Version 10.6.1.10000-39

the user are exists on the CUCM with full rights.

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should not create the user in CUCM first, you simply define it in UCCX and it gets built as application user in CUCM automatically, assuming you have proper AXL user defined.

Hi Torsten,

In addition to what Chris pointed out, please let me know what user are you trying to create. AXL, RMCM or JTAPI.

Also help me with the CUCM Version.

Regards,
Rahil

Hello,

CUCM: System version: 10.5.2.10000-5

in the first config page on the uccx, the uccx create the User for Unified CM Telephony Subsystem - Unified CM Telephony Provider Configuration and the RmCm Subsystem - RmCm Provider Configuration - user on the CUCM

later unter System -> Cisco Unified CM Configuration

the fields for the users are empty.

i insert the users and save the settings. The UCCX save the RM User.

The UCCX show the error

Failed to create the Cisco Unified CM Telephony user on the Cisco Unified CM. Please check if the user already exists!

-> The user don't exists.

failed to update the Cisco Unified CM Telephony user on the Cisco Unified CM.

Are you looking for the user in the 'application users' or 'end users' page? They'll be in 'application users'...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Torsten,

Please check if the default credential policy for the application users is not set to "Users cannot change".

Regards,

Rahil

Thanks, i changed the setting and the uccx can save the user :-)

Hi Torsten,

I am glad the issue is resolved. Please rate this post if you found it useful.

Regards,

Rahil

Good spot Rahil! (+5)

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!