Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Custom Variables

jpichardo91
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

We are having a situation with one of our customers. They used to see reports showing every time agents released calls using custom variables. That is not working no more. Is in the script that we configure this?

Regards,
Jose P.

2 Replies 2

Nothing comes to mind on how to do this, but maybe a workflow on CAD? What's change that it no longer works?

david

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To start with, I hope you are looking at the correct report which is Call Custom Variables Report in order to find the details of custom variables being used during a call.

Secondly, I believe that you are capturing this data using the Set Enterprise Call Info in the scripts. If not, then the first thing is to capture the data using the Set Enterprise Call Info in the scripts and then only you will be able to pull the above mentioned report and see the usage of a particular custom variable. In case, if you have not set the Enterprise Data in the required script and wants to know how it is done, then please follow the below steps:

1) Go to Cisco Desktop Administrator and create a custom layout.

• Cisco Desktop Admin ->  Enterprise Data  -> Layout List  ->  Create new

Example :

• ANI (display calling number)
  • DNIS (display called number)
  • Layout (display the name of the layout)

From UCCX side this is all what we need to do, the rest of the configuration is going to be done on the script.

2) Go to CRS Editor and add a Scalar variable called "user.layout"
•    Go to Settings > Expanded Call Variables > Add new
o    Name: user.layout
o    Type: Scalar
o    Description: It is not required field

3) Add a “Set Enterprise Call info” step into the script.

• Right click > properties > a new window will be display it
  • “General” Tab
    • Click on add…
    • Enter Value (variable) that you would like to get on the Call Peripheral Variable 1

• “Expanded Call Variable” tab
    • Click add…
    • Values: the name of the layout that you created before on Cisco Desktop Admin ( “Sales_Layout” )
    • Names: Select the scalar variable that we created on step #2 (user.layout)

So the configuration should be:

-   Values: “Sales_Layout”       (case sensitive and you need “”)

-   Names: -- user.layout—

-   Array Indexes:  – Scalar –

-   Tokens:  -- All --

4) This is how our script should look, validate  and save it

Also, for your reference I have attached the sample script wherein I am storing the value of Call Peripheral Variable 1 in a custom variable called CSQ and later when I will run the Custom Call Variables Report and will put the value "CSQ" in Custom Variable 1 as per below screenshot, I should be able to generate the report for it:

Regards

Deepak