Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Dynamic Scripting

aegislabs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am looking for a way to allow a user to call into a CSQ, enter a PIN to authenticate and then select an option to set a variable to a preset for another CSQ\application. 

Customer wants to be able to automatically route all calls destined to a queue to a different queue every other Wed at a certain time but to also control it manually. I toyed with the idea of setting up similar to a holiday and using Time of Day but think it might be best to see if its possible to have the user call in and change the variable themselves. The variable would determine whether the call is redirected or remains in the current queue. 

Is this possible under UCCX 8.5?

3 Replies 3

k.davis
Level 1
Level 1

You can write a separate script that requires the PIN and provide a menu of options that changes the value stored in an xml document.  Then you can setup your call routing script to read values from that xml file and make decisions based on that value.    Yes it has been done in UCCX 8.5, not sure if any special feature level is required.  Try searching "uccx script to modify xml document".  If your familiar with the holiday stuff, you'll find this pretty simple.

Awesome man, thanks. I'll give it a go.

Also, you could use the native Java calendar classes to figure out which week of the year it is and do some basic math to decide whether it's the even or odd week.

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/Calendar.html#WEEK_OF_YEAR

If I were given this request I would check the XML file to see whether a mode has been manually set. If not, then use the WEEK_OF_YEAR method to alternate automatically. Essentially the XML would be an override.