cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Editor stuck at 97% "Initializing user interface"

mateev.borislav
Level 1
Level 1

Any version of UCCX 11.x and 12.x when stated goes through authentication ok, keeps loading and stops at 97% at "Initializing user interface" and does not move for about 10 min. Them it loads but is extremely lagging, impossible to do anything really. When opening a script from the repository, it takes about 10 min on every click on "Repository", "default", etc. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mateev.borislav
Level 1
Level 1

Solved my own issue after troubleshooting through the MEDT logs. It appeared that the Editor was trying to read Cluster config on RMI port 6999 on a remote server I last connected to for a client work. Resetting back the ClusterData profile.ini to default solved the issue. The location of the profile.ini is in C:\Program Files (x86)\wfavvid_XXXX\ClusterData, where XXXX is the version of the Editor, exmpl. XXXX = 1251 for version 12.5.1. In my case I have 11 different versions so I had to change each one for the Editors that had this issue. The profile.ini file content I used was:

port=1099
clusterProfile=default
ipAddress=
Completed=true
latestUpdateTimeStamp=0

--Regards

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

What type of machine are you running it on?

Are you running it as administrator or another user?

Does it make a difference if you run as a different user?

Windows 10. No difference under what user account it is ran.

It doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it loads normally.

I tied rebooting. I was wondering if anyone knows what exactly it is initializing i.e. if it is reaching out to the server, etc.

I would look at uninstalling it and removing any reference of it from your machine and then doing a clean install. I've seen something like that when you go from 10->11.

david

I have several versions as I have multiple clients on different platform versions ...plus lots of custom jars I developed that are stored locally pulled down from the clients' servers. If I reinstall I will wipe out the jars and not be able to open the scripts anymore.

As it happens intermittently, I was hoping to find out if anyone has any idea what goes under the hood in this particular initialization step.

Thanks for the suggestion!

If a reboot doesn't fix it, reinstall

Probably not what you want to hear, but I have a VM per custom type/VPN type. This helps some, but takes a lot more work to keep up to date.

david

I have the same problem now. re-install, updated Java etc... Only when I start in Administrator mode the UI pops up but when I click on any item in the GUI it stops. Machine is running windows10 Enterprise 22H2 19045.2364. 
Installed on a jumpstation and that is working fine. But not on my local device anymore.

You might want to check out this defect and see if their workaround steps resolve your issue.
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur86817

Nope this is not the issue. The installation and start of the program work. Untill the start of the GUI. The programs stops at 97%.

mateev.borislav
Level 1
Level 1

Solved my own issue after troubleshooting through the MEDT logs. It appeared that the Editor was trying to read Cluster config on RMI port 6999 on a remote server I last connected to for a client work. Resetting back the ClusterData profile.ini to default solved the issue. The location of the profile.ini is in C:\Program Files (x86)\wfavvid_XXXX\ClusterData, where XXXX is the version of the Editor, exmpl. XXXX = 1251 for version 12.5.1. In my case I have 11 different versions so I had to change each one for the Editors that had this issue. The profile.ini file content I used was:

port=1099
clusterProfile=default
ipAddress=
Completed=true
latestUpdateTimeStamp=0

--Regards

Indeed that did the trick. Problem solved.

Glad to be of help!  

Thank you for letting me know!

mateev.borislav
Level 1
Level 1

When the cluster host is wiped out Cisco uses the local machine IP address and keeps on trying to establish an RMI connection. There is no point in doing that as it slows down the editor. They already know that is the local IP address and should stop the attempts of establishing an RMI connection every 5 seconds or so.