cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX: Enabling notifications on port 5222

floatingpurr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm on CCX 12.5. I'm trying to open the port 5222 for the notifications handling via XMPP. It looks like it is closed. How can I do that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanx @ptindall! As per this doc

foo.png

Looks like port 5222 is not enabled by default. You need to explicitly open it via the CLI. Does it make sense to you?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hey.

port 5222 is not close on the uccx finesse.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#finesse-overview/cisco-finesse-notification-service-1

From What are You testing to make the connection ( program language )

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Strangely enough, nmap detects port 5222 as not open:

PORT     STATE SERVICE
5222/tcp filtered xmpp-client
5223/tcp open  hpvirtgrp

If I try to connect to the uccx_host on port 5222 I get a connection timeout

Use a secure connection to 5223.

Yes, this is the alternative. However, I'm wondering why port 5222 isn't available. Do I need to enable something?

Recalling from experience and tearing hair out, it's the only option, not a choice.

Thanx @ptindall! As per this doc

foo.png

Looks like port 5222 is not enabled by default. You need to explicitly open it via the CLI. Does it make sense to you?

Looking back in old notes from a year ago it looks like the XMPP port utilisation was something that was broken temporarily on CCX by a patch and then corrected again in a subsequent one.   So, I stand corrected, and yes it does make sense provided it's now working as documented; you should have the ability to revert back to 5222.    

You can test it with Pidgin

Pidgin :: Pidgin, the universal chat client

Here you cna get XMPP notifications in realtime

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: