cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX hard script

Dear Cisco Support Community,

I would like to know how to archive the following items into a CCX script;

• I have 1000 .wav files separated in 10 categories
  • Customer will choose the category and I need to play the .wav files according the category.
  • I need to put the choosed .wav file name on a variable and then save it into a XML file

Thank you and let me know if you need more information

4 Replies 4

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Jefferson,

You can use the below link as a reference for the third point.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a0080b5851c.shtml

Hope it helps,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

can you please explain: "Customer will choose the category and I need to play the .wav files according to category".

But how? You say you've got 1000 wave files, in ten categories, this might mean a hundred files per each category. I assoume you don't want your customer to listen to 100 prompts. There must be something that chooses one or just a couple of prompts, right? Should it be a random prompt? Or should they be chosen in a round robin fashion? One prompt? Or maybe two or three?

Apart from this, it's trivial, all you need to do is zip all of your prompts including the directory structure and upload the zip files into the prompt repository using the UCCX admin page.

About the XML output: once you know what prompts have been chosen and played, all you need to do is XSL transform a previously uploaded XML document (replacing a token in the XML template with the wave file name). Or you can go the poor man's way, just concatenating strings. What else would you like to do with the XML files? Send them by email? Or just save them?

We are able to help you with that (for a few beers).

G.

- No, I have 100 files for each category.

- The customer will choose the category and then we need to play file by file according the choosed category. If the customer press 2, we need to play another .wav.

- About the XML, i need to save on a FTP folder.

Could you please help me?

Hi,

alright, here's what you do:

1. rename your files according to the order they need to be played, 1.wav will be the first file, 2.wav the second etc.

2. create a directory structure for your prompts. Each directory represents one category. Give them meaningful but short names. Don't use spaces or any exotic character in directory names. Zip it up. Upload the zip file to the UCCX server (Prompt management). It might take some time. Remember, there's a restriction for the zip file size so you might need to create more than one file.

3. create a CRS script, with a menu, according to your needs. Each IVR input = one category, represented by a String type variable. Create another variable, int type, starting with the number 1, name it something like 'promptIterator'

4. create a loop that would play a prompt of which name would be ${categoryname}\${promptiterator}.wav. Watch for customer input. If it's 2, increment promptIterator and go back to the loop start. If it's something different, exit the loop.

About saving prompt names as XML: do you have any idea about the XML file structure (do you have a DTD or a schema)?

G.