Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX : Installation on Windows Plateform

dhorialpesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're checking the integration of UCCX with our Analytics Products, I'm wounder if UCCX can be installed on the Windows Server and Database Can be hosted on the Microsoft SQL Server ?.

I've check the Compatibility Matrix but i could n't able to find the about the Operation System Requirement for the Installation of the UCCX Software and Databases.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

the database structure for UCCX and UCCE is not same, UCCE uses MS SQL while UCCX uses onbox IBM informix  data server.

Since UCCE is enterprise product, there is a mechanism exist to replicate the RealTime and historical data to separate HDS/DDS servers from loggers, Where in UCCX i think you dont have that feature (it just stores everything on local database called db_cra).

The Database schema for UCCX can be found here: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_5/reference/guide/dbschema.pdf

or you can search by your self for the version you are looking for.

you can explore the techniques to connect to UCCX database over JDBC connection for the data you are looking for.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

UCCX can not be installed on windows.

UCCX is a appliance from Cisco which means its an application comes wrapped in Red Hat Linux OS and can be installed on Virtual infrastructure like any other OS.

UCCX appliance built in Informix Database which it uses for its working.

but you can integrate UCCX with many external applications like various database systems and web services using features and techniques available.

thanks Chintan.
so that mean UCCX reside on the Linux but Database can be SQL Server for holding the fact(HDS) and dimension data(AWS). is this correct ?. I guess this is the same as UCCE where AW and HDS database reside on the SQL Server ?. Please advise.

No that is not true. UCCX is no same as UCCE.

UCCX stores Configuration and Historical data on local database (IBM informix), you cant configure it to store on remote MS SQL database.

What i told was, UCCX can be integrated with external Database at Call Routing script level to do read/write of data for routing decisions.

Chintan is correct (+5), CCX is all in one contact center solution with embedded Informix database. It can be integrated with other supported databases for data lookups i.e. customer information, assuming you have CCX Premium license.

What is it exactly you need to do with the SQL database?

Hi Chris,
Basically we trying to see the possibility of integration of UCCX with our Analytics Application for Real time and Historical Reporting. our application already support for the UCCE so exploring the possibility with UCCX.

Thanks Chintan for detail response.

One more question, does UCCX having the database for real time(aw) and historical data(hds) ? and database structure is same as UCCE ?

Basically we looking to explore the opportunity of UCCX integration with our Analytics Product for Historical and real time reporting.

the database structure for UCCX and UCCE is not same, UCCE uses MS SQL while UCCX uses onbox IBM informix  data server.

Since UCCE is enterprise product, there is a mechanism exist to replicate the RealTime and historical data to separate HDS/DDS servers from loggers, Where in UCCX i think you dont have that feature (it just stores everything on local database called db_cra).

The Database schema for UCCX can be found here: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_5/reference/guide/dbschema.pdf

or you can search by your self for the version you are looking for.

you can explore the techniques to connect to UCCX database over JDBC connection for the data you are looking for.