Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX IVR License-annoying

YAARUB F. MILAD
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Premium license is so annoying. cisco tells you it is 1:2 yet I think it is not.

I have a call center licensed for 100 seats which should mean 200 IVR ports but the license utilization tells me otherwise. it shows that the total number of inbound IVR does not exceed 100 while the inbound seats range from  11 to 60 leaving around 40 IVR ports unused. which contradicts what we understand from cisco's documentation. what I understood from cisco's license docs is that it utilizes unused ports for example in my case it should use 140 IVR ports when there are 60 seats utilized.

I need a clear answer for this its causing trouble with a client 

17 Replies 17

IVR port means CTI port. There is also a limit based on the resources allocated to the VM. If you have the resources available, you could assign 4 vCPU's and 16GB RAM and should be able to allocate more CTI ports. FYI, in the future you would be better off starting a new thread instead of replying to a thread that has been idle for a year.

KY_
Level 4
Level 4

Sorry, I dont understand anything from your messages actualy I want to know that point so Im using 8GB ram t hat is assigned the server now so is that normal that I have more than licensed cti port I have ?

In addionaly with above specs how many cti port can I have in our system todaly with above specs.?

Thanks

It looks like your server is built out using the 300 agent template which allows for 300 Active CTI Ports.  An Active CTI Port is a CTI port that currently has a call residing on it. I.E. The caller is in the menu, or waiting for an agent to answer.  The port is released when UCCX has connected the caller to an agent or the script transfers the call out of UCCX or the caller hangs up.

You are able to, and it isn't uncommon to, have more CTI ports configured (see my previous post) than you are licensed to have.  They will all register.  They will all be able to accept calls up until you have reached your license / server limit; 300 in your current configuration.

I'm not sure what version you're running (10.0 - 11.0 based on they resource allocation), but if you are on a version with CUIC you should be able to pull the License Utilization Hourly Report from Reports > Stock > Unified CCX Historical > System to see how many ports you've actually been using.

DJ