cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX label step question

Paul Dunn
Level 1
Level 1

A bit of a long shot question but.... is it possible to set a variable that can be used as a label for the Goto step?

7 Replies 7

No - a label has to be a static value. 

If you try to validate your script with a go-to to a label that doesn't exist, the validation will fail - So static values for labels.

Hope that helps

Best regards

Thomas

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for your reply. I was aware that if the label did not exist then the script would not validate but was just wondering if it was possible so that you could set the Goto to a variable so that you could alter the destination Label.
Again, thanks for your time and reply.

...try using a Switch palette item.  Evaluate your variable and then use the "GoTo" in output path of the Switch function to alter your desired path.

Hope this helps.

-Sean

Hi Sean,
I don't think that what I want to do is possible so your suggestion is the my best option.
Thanks

Yup.  There are probably 101 different ways to evaluate a variable...  Everyone writes their code differently.  This is probably the method I would use... 

Best wishes,

Sean

You can use a variable to call another script (call subflow). You would have to work out how to pass data back and forth between the calling script and the subflow, but that could be a possible path.

Thanks Elliot